- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Report: Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in ’03
Posted By Joseph Gallo On Feb 7 2009 @ 6:49 pm In Texas Rangers | No Comments
This story was originally broken by SI's Selena Roberts earlier today. Here is the story posted by ESPN.com:
To summarize the details which have been made public thus far:
- Arod tested positive for steroids when all MLB players were tested in the spring of 2003. He, along with Barry Bonds, is one of the 104 players whose names show up on a list of positive test. These test which were supposed to remain private have come to light in the wake of the federal governments case against Barry Bonds. No word if any of the other 100+ players to test positive will be revealed anytime soon, but seeing as the first two names are Bonds and Rodriguez, you'd have to figure it will draw attention in the upcoming days.
- Supposedly Arod tested positive for testosterone and primobolan.
- When reached for comment Arods only reaction has been, “You'll have to talk to the union” and “I'm not saying anything”.
- The other troublesome side to this story is apparently Arod received advanced notice of an upcoming test in 2004 from Players Association COO Gene Orza. Players' union head Donald Fehr chose not comment on the report.
- No comment has been made by the Yankees organization, but you'd have to wonder how they will handle this after awarding Rodriguez with a $275 million dollar contract last November. Included in that contract is a $30 million dollar marketing agreement based on home run milestones. Alex would receive $6 million for reaching 660, 714, 755, 762 and for breaking the major league HR record.
- Whether you like Rodriguez or not, this is another tough blow for the sport of baseball to have to endure. More on this story as details are revealed throughout the day.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2009/02/07/report_alex_rodriguez_tested_positive_for_steroids_in_03/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/joseph-gallo/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.