- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Ranking NFC North offenses
Posted By Steve Drumwright On Aug 6 2009 @ 12:24 pm In Green Bay Packers | No Comments
A few days ago, we broke down the defenses of the NFC North. Today, it is the offense's turn.
1. Packers: Year 2 as the starter for Aaron Rodgers and he continues to feel more comfortable in a cautious offense.
2. Bears: Finally, a real QB in Jay Cutler. But how long will it be before the tempermental ex-Bronco gets under his teammates' skin?
3. Vikings: Brett Favre will … oh, wait. Never mind. Between Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels, they need to not lose games.
4. Lions: Matthew Stafford is the future, but Daunte Culpepper is the present … at least for a little while.
1. Vikings: Adrian Peterson has taken the title of best back away from LaDainian Tomlinson.
2. Bears: Matt Forte (1,328 yards) burst onto the scene as a rookie and is expected to take the next step forward.
3. Packers: Ryan Grant's yards per carry average dropped from 5.1 yards in 2007 to 3.9 in 2008.
4. Lions: If Kevin Smith's production ever matches his mouth, watch out.
WIDE RECEIVER-TIGHT END
1. Packers: Greg Jennings has a new contract and is the go-to guy in one of the NFL's deeper corps.
2. Vikings: Bernard Berrian didn't have the expected impact last year despite his 20.1 yards per catch average.
3. Lions: Former first-rounder Bryant Johnson pairs with second-year phenom Calvin Johnson.
4. Bears: Will the Devin Hester experiment ever succeed? Someone needs to emerge if the passing game will work.
1. Bears: Orlando Pace provides an upgrade at left tackle, but will age catch up with him?
2. Vikings: Second-year pro John Sullivan takes over for Matt Birk at center and rookie Phil Loadholt is penciled in at right tackle.
3. Packers: Questions need to be answered at both tackle spots, but there are plenty of bodies around.
4. Lions: C Dominic Raiola and LT Jeff Backus provide the experience among a maligned bunch.
1. Vikings: Ryan Longwell continues to be among elite.
2. Bears: K Robbie Gould is clutch and P Brad Maynard is consistent.
3. Packers: Mason Crosby is money, but punter is a huge concern.
4. Lions: Jason Hanson plans on kicking until he is 75.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2009/08/06/ranking_nfc_north_offenses/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/steve-drumwright/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.