- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Posted By Frank Mazzola On Sep 26 2009 @ 12:28 am In New York Jets | No Comments
A preview of the upcoming Jets-Titans game
September 27, 1pm
Giants Stadium, E. Rutherford, NJ
Keys to Success:
1. Take deep shots- The Tennesee defense used to be one of the most feared units in the league. However, losing Albert Haynesworth clearly hurt them more than they let on as the Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub threw for 357 yards on them last week. Quarterback Mark Sanchez must take advantage of this situation and get the ball deep to Jerricho Cotchery and the rest of the receiving crew.
2. Use Washington's pass catching ability- The Titans can still defend the run. Thomas Jones and company will likely not find very much room to roam. However, the Jets can create a mismatch by throwing swing passes out of the backfield to speedy Leon Washington and letting him blow past the line backers.
1. Contain Chris Johnson- The speedster showed what he was capable last week when he scored three touchdowns and rushed for 197 yards. If he gets past the linebackers, he's gone. Therefore, Bart Scott and David Harris must control the perimeters to prevent him from getting outside. As the Titans passing game is not a huge threat, expect Gang Green to cheat a safety up towards the line of scrimmage to help out.
2. Sack Collins- Even in his younger days, Kerry Collins wasn't exactly what you would call “mobile”. At 37 years old, he's statue-like. He won't throw often, but when he does drop back to pass, the Jets need to pressure him without fail to force him into a mistake or to take a sack.
Notes: Sanchez appeared on the injury report with knee tendonitis….How times have changed. Last season, it was the Jets ending the Titans' unbeaten streak. Now, Jeff Fisher's desperate crew will attempt to do the same to them.
Jets 21, Titans 13
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2009/09/26/jets_titans_preview/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/frankmazzola/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.