- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Posted By Chris Rydburg On Mar 11 2010 @ 12:42 pm In Nashville Predators | 2 Comments
Just got up to speed with all the hockey action this morning. I took a little weekend get away in Cleveland, OH this weekend and I have to say a view critical observations that have been on my mind after watching all the games I missed.
1. Pekka Rinne has lost his confidence. I hate it. I hate it. But it is true. He has given up some very weak goals the last couple of games. I am starting to wonder if that new two year, $6.8M deal was a blunder on Poile’s part. In my opinion, Dan Ellis is been the much more consistent of the two since the Toronto game a couple months ago when he was yanked. For all those Predators fans who were slamming into the Dan Ellis supporters, here are the facts. Ellis has won three of his last five starts, posting a 91% save percentage and a 2.6 GAA. Pekka, on the other hand, has a 88% save percentage and a 3GA average. I think it is time for Dan Ellis to be crowned the starter.
2. The media. New Predator Grebeshkov recently suffered a pretty serious lower body injury that he didn’t want known to the public. Sure enough though, the media rats had to dig up the story and embarrass the puck moving defenseman. If a player requests that an injury not get leaked into the public, then the media should be accepting of that request. That is inexcusable and said reporters should be ashamed of themselves. Just because Grebeshkov is an athlete doesn’t mean he isn’t a human being with feelings.
3. Colin Wilson. As yours truly posted way way way back on Feb. 4th
“Jason Arnott has been injured the past couple of weeks with a bum elbow. As some of you will remember, I detailed in my first blog that Arnott appeared hurt but continued to play. Again, I might not be a doctor, but a 100% Wilson is probably a better option than a 60% Arnott. Arnott is the star forward on this team, but unlike an Ovie or Crosby, he can’t be that much of a factor when he isn’t 100%.” I brought up the fact I felt Colin Wilson should have been called up to replace a well below full strength Arnott. Arnott now has 4 goals in his last five games. Go figure. But the bigger story here is Colin Wilson who has blossomed into the forward Nashville thought he would be. Although he is playing on a line with super pest Jordin Tootoo, Wilson has tallied three points in five games, good for 7pts this season. Wilson also has two game winning goals, one against Edmonton and the other against Atlanta. This kid is special, and I can honestly say I have no idea why he wasn’t up here before.
4. Where is Patric Hornqvist? The Super Swedish Viking has been pretty invisible on the score sheet the past few games, which is something the Predators can’t afford. He only has two assists in ten games. That ain’t gonna cut it for the Predators’ goal getter. Patric needs to find the back of the net again… and soon.
5. Predators had a very half hearted 3rd period which lead to loss against the Canucks. I don’t wanna talk about it. The boys have to play a solid 60 minutes and it seems like they really haven’t been able to all season.
6. Predators play tonight against the Sharks. I will have a complete post game coverage directly following the game. Cheers.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/03/11/gone-fishin/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/rydburg/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.