- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
After Amar’e Signing, Knicks Should Be Favorites for Lebron
Posted By Jordan Lauterbach On Jul 5 2010 @ 7:57 pm In New York Knicks | No Comments
The first domino has fallen and……….. it’s Amar’e Stoudemire. It’s no surprise, in fact it was rumored all weekend, but it is nice to see it set in stone. Multiple reports have the deal at 5 years/ 100 million dollars.
Stoudemire was seen outside Madison Square Garden wearing a Knicks hat, his arms-outstretched, beaming with happiness. The move makes a ton of sense. Stoudemire is one of the leagues premier forwards who fits perfectly in the Mike D’Antoni system. After all, he thrived in it for years in Phoenix. Any question of the relationship between the two not being great appear to be either greatly exaggerated or water under the bridge.
But the Stoudemire signing represents more then just a big piece to revive a franchise that, at this point, has reached “once- great” status. It represents a huge step in the Knicks push to sign Lebron James.
Reports of the Knicks being out of the James sweepstakes on Friday seem at least dead, if not completely ridiculous. A second meeting with The King’s court on Sunday coupled with the signing of a Lebron-approved free agent may have the Knicks going from also-ran’s to front runners. It could be a worst-to-first story worthy of a place like New York.
Before you throw your hands up and give up on this topsy-turvy free agent world, give this scenario a shot. It actually makes sense.
- The Knicks told Amar’e that the deal was dead if they could sign Chris Bosh. Clearly, Bosh to NY is dead.
- Because of this, Bosh to Chicago is looking more and more likely. If you believe the pictures on Twitter and the talk, Bosh and Dwayne Wade want to play together. Wade wants to be around his kids and his kids live in Chicago. Oh, and he’s from Chi-town. Wade and Bosh to the Bulls.
- I just don’t buy Lebron would be doing this if he was going to go back to the Cavs. Taking one meeting/team is one thing. Taking multiple meetings is quite another. Why would he bother? He’s got to have better things to do. Don’t tell me that house in Akron doesn’t have a pool.
- I find it curious that nothing has been said about the Nets chances since the glowing reviews given after the initial meeting last week. The N.Y Post quoted Mikhail Prokerov saying that he thinks the chances are 50/50. Mikhail hasn’t been on the scene very long, but he strikes you as a guy who would be a little more optimistic if he thought he had a shot.
- Clippers? No. Heat? No.
- That leaves one team: The Knicks. By simple process of elimination, the favorite has to be the Knicks.
My Current, subject to change, I kind of hate this, but love it at the same time, prediction of the moment:
1. Knicks- Amar’e (signed), Lebron James
2. Bulls- Bosh, Wade
3. Cavs- Boozer (a few year too late)
4. Nets strike out and try to sell fans on Avery, Lopez, and Favors!
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/07/05/after-amare-signing-knicks-should-be-favorites-for-lebron/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/jordanlauterbach/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.