Notes from Jets camp:
-Darrelle Revis continues to hold out as his demands to be made the highest paid cornerback in the league have not yet been met. There is no current end in sight to this stalemate. The Jets have offered both long-term and short-term options, but haven’t been able to find a suitable number that will satisfy the star.
- Laveranues Coles is back for another go-round with Gang Green. At 32, there is very little left in the tank and he will not be a very big factor this year.
- Mark Brunell is now backing up Mark Sanchez. Brunell will provide valuable veteran experience to tutor the youngster.
- The offensive line has more depth than the previous year. Matt Slauson will compete with rookie Vladimir Ducasse for playing time.
- A new contract for disgruntled center Nick Mangold could be in the offing soon.
- LaDainian Tomlinson declined to fire back in a war of words with his former San Diego teammates who claim that he was selfish and kept the team from progressing.
- Jason Taylor isn’t worried about how Jets fans will receive him despite his past issues with them.
About the Author
Written by Frank Mazzola