- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Pittsburgh on fire! Cruise to 3-0.
Posted By Chris Palisin On Sep 27 2010 @ 3:28 pm In Pittsburgh Steelers | 18 Comments
STEELERS 38 BUCS 13
Bottom line, Pittsburgh rips the Bucs in Tampa to stay undefeated at 3-0 behind the play of their 4th string QB to start the season, Mr. Charlie Batch.
“You really have to tip your hat to Charlie Batch, what he was able to do for us. He played like a veteran. He didn’t blink. He’s the consummate professional and team player. That’s a lesson a lot of young people in our locker room could learn from here today.”, Coach Mike Tomlin on the performance of QB Batch. That quote speaks volumes, enough said if you are a Steeler fan.
Batch finished with 186 yards, 3 td passes, and a 106.5 passer rating, giving the offense the kind of production it had been lacking. For a quarterback who hadn’t started since the 2007 season finale, it was phenomenal to view.
Other day high lights and low lights:
- DEISEL KEISEL: Running toward the same corner of the end zone as James Harrison in Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa, DE Brett Keisel caught a deflected pass and followed his blocks for a 79-yard interception return. He returned it down the same sideline and into the same end zone as Harrison, and stood upright at the end.
- Keisel’s play deserves another shot out… BEST BEARD EVER! Keisel said after game that “There is power in the beard.” I’m inspired to grow out mine again, and challenge all my friends reading to a BEARD GROWTH CHALLENGE – Ta Da!
- Not always consistent nickel back William Gay made several big plays in coverage, especially on third down at the Steelers’ 10 that forced the Buccaneers to settle for a field goal, and also had a big third-down sack to open the 2nd half.
- Game balls to Wallace and Mendenhall… I recommended deeps throws in my pregame blog here as I knew Wallace needed to be more involved, and we could open it up with Batch.. Wallace made a spectacular tip catch for his 2nd td of the day (see the highlights). Mendenhall ran simply nasty, totaling 143 on the ground – spin move working…
- Handshake to OC Bruce Arians. Solid game plan and play calling… We’ll need a similarly well-conceived and executed plan next week BC.
- One of the only low lights by Arians and Tomlin, why were we passing in 4th with huge lead and defense dominating level 10? Batch picked off… Run the rock here, chew some time, and move on w huge lead.
Speaking of moving on, it’s on like DONKEY KONG next Sunday… I do not know any one who wears black and gold on Sundays that even remotely likes these Ravens coming to Heinz Field next Sunday.
Ravens at Steelers– key divisional match-up. I’ll be viewing at the best Steelers bar on the west coast – a featured article on that coming!
Preview “power” blog coming on Friday.
PS: Leon – PAY UP!
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/09/27/pittsburgh-on-fire-cruise-to-3-0/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/cpalisin/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.