“This is a darn good football team. They have a great defense. They have a great running game. They have dangerous wide receivers. Their special teams are much improved. We’re not surprised they’re 3-0, but we don’t care. We’re still going to play the game.” – Ravens head coach John Harbaugh states.
Well, the Steelers are going to play the game also John…. I’m been researching this game all week and there seems to be a great respect through the player comments, but let’s be real – these teams do not like each other and are one of the great, if not, top rivalries in the world. And it’s more than that, 5 have of the last 10 AFC Championships have featured at least either the Ravens or Steelers, if not both, and 3 of the last ten Super bowls belong to them as well.
It’s a fight… and not the kind where you may have had a few too many Yuenglings, someones calls you a ‘douche-bag’ and it’s on… this is a fight that both want in SOBER!
- Feed off the Steeler Nation crowd at Heinz field early… Team that gets early lead as distant advantage in this type of game with two great defenses.
- Defense shows their our the NFL’s best… Ravens think they are, we think we are… Just words, do it with actions on Sunday.. Tackle well, hit hard, be opportunistic as always, pressure Flacco early and often.
- Steelers must be aware of Ravens WR Boldin… Be physical with him, and do not back down all game.
- Stay with running game, pounding Mendenhall and others, even if not getting yardage early.. Work the clock and set them up for a deep one to Wallace. Looking for OC Bruce Arians to call a great game here. I would like to see a reserve, thanks.
- Hines Ward will be key… Trust me.. Big players play big in big games and Hines will be the security blanket Batch needs this week. Steelers peeps say he has lost a step which could be the case, but he makes up for it with his intangibles.
I’m trying to stay professional here, but it’s hard and my blog is opinion anyway…. I HATE the Ravens!! Legs are shaking just thinking about the game on Sunday, love playing them and going to love beating them. Steelers have absolute nothing to lose as this is the last game Big Ben is suspendedfor (guest column to come by Todd JoJo Morin on Ben’s suspension), and no one thought they would be 3-0 at this point without him. Yet Steelers are never SATISFIED… too much city pride, too much character, too much heart, too much grit, too much tenacity, too much hard working values instilled in their tradition. Love or hate it, it’s fact!
Steelers whip some Raven *&^% *! 20-10
Recap blog on Monday morning.
About the Author
Written by Chris Palisin
My Bachelor's Degree is in Kinesiology from Penn State, and I have been involved in fitness, athletics, sports, and coaching all my life. Recently, I discovered a new passion in life, covering and writing about sports. I am confident I can offer an unique and interesting take on sports with my experience, particularly the NFL and for Steeler Nation this year. My hope is you enjoy and respect my opinion.... Enjoy the journey!