- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Monday Morning (Fantasy) Quarterback: Midseason Winners & Losers
Posted By Al Buzzelli On Oct 18 2010 @ 3:00 pm In Fantasy | 3 Comments
While we wait to watch what Tennessee’s Vince Young and Kenny Britt can do on the road against Jacksonville’s David Garrard, we are close to reaching the midway point of the NFL season, and similar to an elementary school student at this particular point, it’s time for interim grades — fantasy-style.
Winners of the First-Half:
- Rashard Mendenhall: 5th in rushing yards, runs of 20+ yards and 3rd in TD’s & rushing yards per game (99.0)
- Arian Foster: 1st in rushing yards, 2nd in touchdowns and rushing yards per game (105.8)
- Kyle Orton: who thought Orton would be 2nd in passing yards after Week 6?
- LeSean McCoy: Only one of five starting running backs to average over 4.7 yards per carry (MIN 89 carries)
- Matt Forte: 3rd in the league in receiving yards for RB’s
- Antonio Gates: Let’s hope his leg injury isn’t serious because him leading the league in yards for TE’s is.
- LaDainian Tomlinson: What was his average draft round? 7th? I’d consider him a steal.
- Shaun Hill: Hill being tied for 8th in passing touchdowns will undoubtedly fall after suffering a broken arm against the Giants on Sunday.
- Brandon Lloyd: He’s just leading the league in receiving yards.
- Austin Collie: Like Lloyd, Collie is leading the league, but in touchdowns for a WR (six).
- Peyton Hillis: Be honest. He went undrafted in your league too, right?
- Jahvid Best: 1st in receiving yards for RB’s and 7th in touchdowns.
- Hakeem Nicks: Tied for 2nd in TD’s (six) and 4th in catches of 20+ yards (eight)
- Mark Sanchez: He and Peyton Manning are the only two QB’s to have over 1,100 yards and less than three INT
- Jeremy Maclin: As a No. 2 receiver, Maclin is in the top 15 in yards and TD’s.
- Sam Bradford: I don’t see anyone else as Offensive Rookie of the Year.
- Malcolm Floyd: No Vincent Jackson? No problem.
Losers of the First-Half:
- Marques Colston: There’s something off in the Saints passing game.
- Steve Smith: Have you seen Jimmy Clausen throw him the ball yet? No, seriously, have you?
- Brett Favre: This isn’t 2009.
- Jonathan Stewart: Having a rookie quarterback hurts more than just the passing game. Good news is that Matt Moore is back as the starter.
- Justin Forsett: Marshawn Lynch will continue to steal 50% of the carries.
- Ronnie Brown: The Phins are relying more on their up-and-coming passing game. Why else would they bring in Brandon Marshall?
- Ryan Mathews: An early season injury had him fighting for his starting job with Mike Tolbert.
- Ryan Grant: Grant killed fantasy owners with his Week 1 season-ending injury.
- Shonn Greene: See Tomlinson, LaDainian.
- Beanie Wells: With Max Hall’s unintimidating secondaries, defensive coordinators will continue to stack the box with seven and eight defenders.
Here’s a recap of Week 6’s performances:
The ‘Wife List’
(Because she’s always right, remember?)
Ben Roethlisberger: threw for 257 yards, 3 TD and an INT (20 fantasy points)
Mike Wallace: 3 catches, 90 yards, TD (15 fantasy points)
Rashard Mendenhall: 27 carries, 84 yards, TD (14 fantasy points)
Hines Ward: 5 catches, 54 yards, TD (11 fantasy points)
Eli Manning: threw for 177 yards, 2 TD (15 fantasy points)
Ahmad Bradshaw: 19 carries, 133 yards (13 fantasy points)
Mario Manningham: 4 catches, 51 yards, TD (11 fantasy points)
Greg Jennings: 6 catches, 133 yards, TD (19 fantasy points)
LaDainian Tomlinson: 16 carries, 55 yards, 2 TD (17 fantasy points)
Johnny Knox: 5 catches, 120 yards (12 fantasy points)
Peyton Hillis: 12 carries, 41 yards, 6 catches, 49 yards (8 fantasy points)
Wes Welker: 7 catches, 53 yards (5 fantasy points)
Donald Driver: 3 catches, 31 yards (3 fantasy points)
The ‘Charlie Work List’
(Dedicated to fans of “It’s Always Sunny” because Charlie never gets the credit he deserves on average)
Phillip Rivers: threw for 249 yards, TD and an INT (11 fantasy points)
Darren Sproles: 5 catches, 48 yards; 128 return yards (9 fantasy points)
Ryan Mathews: 12 carries, 64 yards (6 fantasy points)
Zach Miller: 2 catches, 48 yards (4 fantasy points)
Shonn Greene: 9 carries, 43 yards (4 fantasy points)
The ‘D’oh! List’
(Dedicated to one, Homer Simpson)
Joseph Addai: 17 carries, 128 yards, TD (18 fantasy points)
Matt Forte: 8 carries, 11 yards, TD; 3 catches, 40 yards (11 fantasy points)
Marshawn Lynch: 17 carries, 44 yards, TD (10 fantasy points)
Mike Tolbert: 3 carries, 3 yards, TD (6 fantasy points)
Malcolm Floyd: INJ (2 catches, 12 yards) (1 fantasy point)
Antonio Gates: INJ (2 catches, 15 yards) (1 fantasy point)
Hakeem Nicks: 3 catches, 8 yards (0 fantasy points)
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/10/18/monday-morning-fantasy-quarterback-midseason-winners-losers/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/a_buzzelli/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.