Here’s a little reading to occupy yourself before Knicks/Sixers at 7. Check back to this space tomorrow morning for notes on the seventh pre-season game….
This will be the only Carmelo link of the day. We did something on the rumor when it broke last night and there’s pages and pages of Carmelo to NY links on the web. I’m guessing they all say the same kinds of things. However, one headline from a “competing blog” caught my eye. It read “Should Knicks gut roster for Carmelo?” I find myself at a loss for an answer more straightforward then “yes! absolutely! what are they waiting for!?!”
Since when do the Knicks have a roster that’s full of all – stars? Short of Amar’e Stoudemire, no one is untouchable. If Denver wants Danilo Galinari, give them Danilo Galinari. I can’t even of anyone else that the Knicks are aloud to deal and wouldn’t give up in a heartbeat. If it turns out that the Knicks turned down any deals from Denver in the next week, I’d support a boycott of the home opener….
Surprise! The Knicks just found a center.
Sports Illustrated’s NBA Preview came in the Lauterbach mailbox today. Here’s a quick read on what they say about the Knicks….
- SI likes Knicks to finish fourth in the Atlantic and 11th in the East. They actually like the Nets to finish a spot ahead of the Knicks in both the Atlantic and the East. I disagree. The Knicks are still better then the Nets, and this has nothing to do with last night- it’s preseason, results mean less then nothing.
- An opposing scout doesn’t see the Knicks as a playoff team. He believes that their are significant holes in Amar’e Stoudemire’s game, namely shot blocking.
- The scout hates the signing of Felton. He calls is decision making at the end of games “borderline horrible”…interesting.
- He compares Gallo to Dirk Nowitzki.
- SI has the Lakers over the Heat in the finals….
Agree? Disagree? Leave a Comment……
About the Author
Written by Jordan Lauterbach
Jordan Lauterbach began his career in sports media when he was just 15 years old at WKWZ - Syosset. He hosted a sports talk show for nearly four years before moving on to WCWP - Brookville in 2006. Lauterbach currently hosts a sports talk show every Wednesday night from 9pm - midnight (eastern) and a College Football talk show on Saturday mornings from 11am - 12:30 (eastern) (can be heard online at wcwpsports.com and on Long Island on 88.1fm). Follow me on twiiter: jlauterbach1