- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Knicks Notes (in 60) – Preseason Game #6 vs Nets
Posted By Jordan Lauterbach On Oct 20 2010 @ 12:46 am In New York Knicks | No Comments
Due to other commitments (ok, mainly my love of playoff baseball), I had to watch last nights preseason game “in 60.” I have never ever done this before and hate the concept of it but my DVR was full and, as much as I love the NBA, I’m not missing a playoff baseball game for a game that doesn’t count….
Here are a few observations from the night (in 60, of course)
- First off, way too much of this “60” is spent on pre – game stuff….. I only have an hour, I don’t need to hear Mike D talking about how to stop Brook Lopez in a pre – season game. Who’s directing this?
- I look at the Nets starting lineup and laugh. Then I remember writing how much of a force in the off season the Nets would be.
- Mozgov still looks good. 2 rebounds in the opening moments.
- Amar’e two fouls in under two minutes.
- Mozgov to the line! I can’t get enough. …ok, just missed a wide open jumper, he’s young.
- Breen just pointed out Amar’e’s leadership. I think it’s a good point too. I tried to think of who was the leader on this team last year, I really don’t think they had one.
- Sequence you don’t like to see: Nets wide open lay up under the basket, immiatialy followed by a Knick turnover.
- Knicks not shooting well in the opening moments. Two threes by Walker and Randolph bring them back.
- End of 1: 26 – 24 NETS
- Nice pass by Turiaf to Douglas on a break as the Knicks head towards a second quarter lead. Could do without the dance at the end, but he does refer to himself as a “cat”. That’s awesome.
- How many technical’s will Mike D’antoni get this year with these new “be nice to the officials” rule? 150? 195? I’ll say under 200, but that’s as far as I’ll go.
- Knicks have forced 14 turnover and it’s not even half times.
- Mozgov draws another foul!
- Stoudemire and Felton really seam to be gelling.
- 15 points for Stoudemire in the second quarter, by the way.
- Halftime: 65 – 49, best half of the pre – season.
- Knicks have gotten a lot of wide open jumpers tonight, if I’m a Nets fan, I want to know what my defense is doing tonight.
- Maybe this has more to do then the funky “in 60” editing, but the Knicks are really letting a Net team that hasn’t played all that well stick around.
- The Nets take the lead on a 17 point run in under four minutes…what?
- Almost a great finish by Anthony Randolph with under a minute to go in the third.
- Big shot for Douglas with 35 seconds left!
- Knicks with a major rebounding advantage. Good to see
While the game was a lot closer then it should have been (that’s fine, its pre – season), a lot of good stuff came out of last night…. Once again, Timothy Mozgov showed that he is a lot better then everyone thought he’d be at this point. It’s scary to think how good he may be in two or three years. Maybe that turns out to be the best pick up of the summer of 2010 in 2015…..
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/10/20/knicks-notes-in-60-preseason-game-6-vs-nets/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/jordanlauterbach/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.