The Steelers (4-1) make their second trip to Florida in 2010, this time to take on the Miami Dolphins (3-2), a team they played in the season finale last year (and beat). Pittsburgh has won all four meetings with Miami since 1998.
I’m not going to focus LB James Harrison’s fine for illegal hits last Sunday and his thoughts of retirement this week (yeah, right – emotional player who just made an emotional outburst). We all act emotionally from time to time.. I’m going to focus mostly on the game.
Big Ben is back and now he’ll play on the road for the first time, and he expects a normal reception from opposing fans. “No different than any time the Steelers go on the road anywhere,” Roethlisberger said. “It’s always hostile wherever we go. People love us or they hate us. You band together as a group and play ball. And I anticipate a lot of Steeler fans will be there.” So true….
Maybe Scotty T, who must be trying to break the blog world record for daily views here, can write up an article on his hatred thoughts towards the Steelers, or is it just me that he hates, or is it just that he is bored with his own life …
Steeler keys for ‘a dub’:
- Lay the wood on Miami runners, Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, who are putting up around 107 combined yards per game. No running back has managed more than 42 yards against the Steelers this season, not even Tennessee’s Chris Johnson. No one runs at us, move on…
- Handle the Florida heat (forecast of 80 and sun)… As I predicted, Miami is putting us in black jerseys while they wear white.. It’s a factor, but we will be fine as we have been thru this heat in Tampa and Tennessee this year.
- Roethlisberger must and will play sharper than he was last weekend. “One thing about him – when you look into his eyes, you always know you have a chance to win ballgames,” receiver Hines Ward said. He makes everyone better, even his haters can’t disagree. TE Heath Miller will be big here in this game on underneath routes.
- Must contain Miami WR’s Marshall and Bess… Marshall is a catching stud, and Bess catches everything under neath (think Wes Welker style). Our secondary is playing better, but curious to see our game plan here as we can’t cover Marshall solo. I think we give Miami different looks (man/zone/double Marshall, etc) to confuse Henne, that’s what I predict.
- Know where Miami pass rusher Cameron Wake is, and help OL Flozell Adams consistently block him… Adams is older and slower of course, but has played well so far.. He needs helps here as Miami needs sacks/pressure/turnovers to have any hope vs. us.
- Play your game Harrrison – I expect solid, aggressive play from him with a huge key play just because…
The Steelers will play mad this week for what happened to Harrison… Miami will fight with improving team built under Bill Parcells, but ‘it’s a dub’ for us in a physical, and potentially ugly, football game. Just the way Steeler Nation likes it…. mini Bang- Boom!
Burgh 23 Miami 16
Recap blog coming on Monday.
PS: Happy 40th to Mickey Ross today
About the Author
Written by Chris Palisin
My Bachelor's Degree is in Kinesiology from Penn State, and I have been involved in fitness, athletics, sports, and coaching all my life. Recently, I discovered a new passion in life, covering and writing about sports. I am confident I can offer an unique and interesting take on sports with my experience, particularly the NFL and for Steeler Nation this year. My hope is you enjoy and respect my opinion.... Enjoy the journey!