It doesn’t get any better than this….
Who: Steelers (5-1) at Saints (4-3)
Where: Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans
When: Sunday 5:20 pm PT – NBC Prime time Game
The surging black and gold look to continue their terrific start in 2010, while the suddenly-struggling Saints try once again to recapture their 2009 form, as the two powerhouses collide this Sunday in the biggest game to date this year.
The Saints of course won the Super Bowl, and now are experiencing that defending the title ain’t easy.. “You’re going to get everybody’s best shot,” said Ben Roethlisberger, who’s thrown five TDs and posted a 122.4 passer rating since returning from his four-game suspension.
Here is my best shot for a Steelers win:
- Mendenhall needs to run well of course, but importantly, he and all other backs MUST pick up blitz as the Saints will be desperate to make things happen with their pressure.
- Smith and Keisel are out, so Ziggy Hood and Nick Eason will start on defensive line… I’m not worried, Eason has played well and now it’s time for Ziggy to show his maturity. Both need to hold their own for us…
- As defense carried us early in season, it’s time for Big Ben to take on heavier load.. I look for Ben to have his best game thus far in primetime, 2-3 TDs.
- Must pressure Saints QB Drew Brees given the talent he has around him to throw to.. Looks like Woodley will play, but look for a contribution from rookie LB Jason Worilds if not… Steelers would like sacks, but signal caller pressure is a huge key on Brees Sunday, as he is just too good when given time.
- I like our receivers every week, but this game especially… Wallace deep, Miller and Ward across the middle, maybe even a Sanders sighting. Start them all you fantasy nerds out there! (Joe Rob)
The Saints grossly underestimated the Browns last week in a loss. It is very possible they were looking forward to this match-up and lost focus of the task at hand. The most dangerous thing you can do when you get your schedule is to mark the sure wins. The Browns at home might look like a slam dunk, but that is why they play all of the games.
The Saints will be desperate Sunday, and will be better prepared… HC Payton always tries to get tricky (play calling) and will on Halloween - tricky doesn’t work vs. us. The environment will be rough, tough, and loud but… that doesn’t phase us either, we will strive off that on Sunday night.
The best handout I’ll get on Halloween won’t be a Kit Kat, some M&M’s, Snickers, or even my favorite – Junior Mints, but a Steeler statement game WIN!
Steelers 31 Saints 17
Happy Halloween! Boo… Bang… Bam! Recap on Monday.
About the Author
Written by Chris Palisin
My Bachelor's Degree is in Kinesiology from Penn State, and I have been involved in fitness, athletics, sports, and coaching all my life. Recently, I discovered a new passion in life, covering and writing about sports. I am confident I can offer an unique and interesting take on sports with my experience, particularly the NFL and for Steeler Nation this year. My hope is you enjoy and respect my opinion.... Enjoy the journey!