Here are a few things to bring up when the Knick game comes up with your buddies today….
1. Players like Rajon Rondo still give the Knicks fits – Ok, he gives a lot of people fits, but he always seams to play well against the Knicks. Even if he’s killing the Knicks, he’s so much fun to watch.
2. Rebounding, rebounding, REBOUNDING! – Here’s some terrible numbers. New York was out – rebounded by 16. They had a total of nine offensive rebounds. They had 11 less defensive rebounds then Boston. Not going to win a lot of games on the road with this triple threat.
3. Gallo might be more hurt then he’s let on – Alan Hahn of Newsday reported that his wrist isn’t 100%. He then goes out and scores on only free throws in 12 minutes. You complete this puzzle.
4. Mozgov is looking like, well, Mozgov – Maybe we hit the “this guy is awesome” button a little too quickly on Tim. He was expected to be a major work in progress and, through the first two game of the season, he looks like a major work in progress.
5. These are the kind of games Amar’e Stoudemire will have – 27 points in 36 minutes and 8 rebounds. If the Knicks are going to compete for a playoff spot this year, this will happen a lot.
We knew the schedule was entering a rough patch. Considering all the things that didn’t go the Knicks way, it’s sort of impressive that this was a four point game.
About the Author
Written by Jordan Lauterbach
Jordan Lauterbach began his career in sports media when he was just 15 years old at WKWZ - Syosset. He hosted a sports talk show for nearly four years before moving on to WCWP - Brookville in 2006. Lauterbach currently hosts a sports talk show every Wednesday night from 9pm - midnight (eastern) and a College Football talk show on Saturday mornings from 11am - 12:30 (eastern) (can be heard online at wcwpsports.com and on Long Island on 88.1fm). Follow me on twiiter: jlauterbach1