- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Posted By Frank Mazzola On Nov 6 2010 @ 3:17 pm In New York Jets | No Comments
Sunday November 7, 2010
Keys to a Jets Victory:
1. Tie up Suh- Detroit rookie Ndamukong Suh is not only a huge run-stopping presence, he also has 6.5 sacks on the year, impressive for a defensive tackle. If the Jets are going to succeed offensively, they need to double-team him whenever possible. Center Nick Mangold has his work cut out for him.
2. Pound away with Greene- Shonn Greene has been a massive disappointment to Jets fans, but he has an opportunity to start redeeming himself with this game. The Lions ranks 27th against the rush, so Greene should be able to lend better support to LaDainian Tomlinson than he has in recent weeks.
1. All Megatron, all the time- New York shouldn’t even pretend that there is anyone else on the Lions capable of impacting this game in the manner that Calvin Johnson can. The overpaid Darrelle Revis will need to show that matchups like this one are the reason why he has such a ridiculous contract. Rolling a safety over the Johnson’s side of the should be expected as well.
2. Rattle Stafford- Stafford has not played 20 NFL games yet and is ripe to be confused by exotic defensive schemes. Rex Ryan’s troops should be constantly moving and shifting position and the results should be immediate. The Lions will be throwing often, so anything less than two interceptions would be a letdown.
Prediction: Jets 21, Lions 10
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/11/06/jets-lions-preview/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/frankmazzola/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.