Yes, the Bucs won big, but it wasn’t the blowout I was hoping for. I wanted to see the team perform flawlessly. I wanted to see them roll through the Panthers.
Instead, it was sloppy… a couple turnovers, a few missed opportunities and a lot of penalties. Too many penalties. Still a win’s a win and I’ll take it.
Carolina didn’t bring the “Kitchen Sink Playbook” like I thought they might. However, they did play a solid game and Jimmy Clausen looked pretty good.
VIEW FROM MY COUCH
- That may have been Josh Freeman’s best game. He continues to get better each week which is really impressive since he’s playing with so many rookies.
- Speaking of rookies. How good is Tampa’s receiving game going to be? Mike Williams and Arrelious Benn are the real deal. I’m excited to see more 3-WR sets when Sammie Stroughter comes back.
- LeGarrett Blount is both amazing and frustrating. He showed amazing athleticism in this game, but also carelessness with the ball. He disappeared in the second half, although that could be credited to Carolina’s defense.
- Welcome back to life Cadillac Williams and Kellen Winslow. Nice to see you guys make big plays when it was needed.
- For the second time this year, a 3rd-string RB sliced the Bucs up for more than 100 yards rushing. This has been the story of the season and the Bucs still have to play Frank Gore, Michael Turner, Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice, Javid Best, whoever the Saints and Redskins have in the backfield.
- Amazing that the Bucs started seven rookies in this game and still won. Credit needs to be given to Raheem Morris who has these guys believing in themselves and each other.
what did you think? Leave a comment
follow me on twitter @buc_wild
About the Author
Written by Justin Chechourka
Born and raised in California, I inexplicably became a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan. Now I bleed red and pewter. The best part of being a Bucs fan in California... I never have to worry about blackouts.