- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Notre Dame Football: 5 Bowl Scenarios
Posted By Jordan Lauterbach On Nov 17 2010 @ 1:32 pm In Notre Dame | No Comments
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but as I did my morning link peruse I came across potential bowl match ups for the Irish. This, of course (I feel like this is required to write), is assuming Notre Dame beats Army this Saturday at Yankee Stadium. The far less likely scenario of a loss to Army and a win at USC would also work, but…I mean….come on….
Anyway, here are five sceanarios…
1. Maaco Bowl – Notre Dame vs Utah – Do I need to say anything? Any lack of energy Utah would have had based on the late season fall from BCS contenders to, well, the Maaco Bowl would be gone after they see the opponent. I smell a major revenge game.
2. Little Caesers Bowl – Notre Dame vs MAC Champion – This could be either Temple or Northern Illinois. Temple looked insanely beatable last night at home against Ohio, didn’t they? On a personal note, the Jets (My favorite NFL team) also play that day. I don’t know if I could handle this.
3. Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl – Notre Dame vs Nevada – Notre Dame dominated Nevada in last year’s opener. However, the team is better then they were last year. I don’t know if the Irish defense will match up with Colin Kapernick very well. Given recent results against mobile quarterbacks, this spells trouble.
4. Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl or Maaco Bowl -Notre Dame vs Boise State/TCU- This will probably happen if either TCU or Boise drop a game before the season is out. As much respect as the two have garnered over the past year (most deserved, some undeserved, but that’s for another column), I don’t think the BCS takes a one loss non qualifier. Let’s say Nevada upsets Boise. Anyone think Boise stays in the top 10? Really? I think they’d drop to at least 15. TCU would drop even further with a loss. Either opponent would probably cover a 25 points spread, but wouldn’t it still be cool?
5. Champs Sports Bowl – Notre Dame vs ACC #2 – Possible opponents: Miami, Florida State, Clemson, N.C State – The most unlikliest of scenarios. Notre Dame would have to win against Army and on the road against USC. Miami, given the history between the two schools, would be the most intriguing. Call it the Gerry Faust revenge game.
My favorite scenario is, without a doubt, the Boise State/TCU scenario. One, because it would mean that one didn’t make a BCS bowl and, as a stuck up College Football traditionalist who believes in schedule strength above all, this would make me happy. Two, because both teams are way better then any team Notre Dame has played this year and I’d love to see how they stack up.
Enjoy Wednesday. 3 days until Army at Yankee Stadium
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/11/17/notre-dame-football-5-bowl-scenarios/
URLs in this post:
 Props to these folks for the info on the scenarios : http://bleacherreport.com/articles/520171-notre-dame-football-five-most-intriguing-potential-bowl-matchups#page/6
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/jordanlauterbach/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.