All right folks, we’re doing the blog/recap a little differently tonight. Right now, I’m sitting in my friend Matt’s basement waiting for Friday Night Knicks on MSG to start. We’ll have a running commentary of the night, as well as commentary from my three outrageous radio talk show host buddies. Interesting dynamic here – all three individuals hosted a talk show with me in the past three years. And yes, this is exactly like what a certain other writer on a certain other site does from time to time, but we’re going out to eat afterward and I don’t feel like doing a recap when I get home at 1am….sue me.
Pregame- Top plays of the month. Mike remarks “notice how Toney Douglas hasn’t done anything since the Chicago game”…with the exception of two or three games, he’s dead on. He’s been awful.
- Friends now making fun of my headshot on this site. I like it. It’s stern, yet careing. Your thoughts? Leave a comment….
- Gallo misses three, uh – oh
- Felton- NOT a 3 pointer!
- Max: “I’d love to run some plays” Mike: “Those don’t exist”
-Three Knicks in the area, rebound goes to N.O count: 2
- Whiffed dunks by N.O count: 2
- Fields! to the line! FO 3! – makes 2/3
-Hornets missing layups lie crazy…
-Douglas for 3! and the Knicks lead it – 11 – 1 run
- Mozgov rebound, yes!
- Two easy baskets – 0 points for Mozzy
- End of 1st 26 – 21 New Orleans….considering the way the first few minutes unfolded, this isn’t a bad thing.
- Start of 2nd:
- N.O: 8 -0 run
- Sean Williams, for 3- YES! Looks like the Curry matchups prep him well
- Steal, Williams
- Way to many long runs by N.O
- Score 36 – 30 N.O
- Wayyyyyyyy to many missed layups. Can’t do this against a good team on the road.
- Inside game keeping Knicks in it.
- Williams, for 3, again…wow. He’s kinda keeping the Knicks in this game. Weird to write.
- – Are they on right now? Chicken strips?
- Knicks shooting well from the line, again.
- Stoudemire w/ th dunk to tie it and the tech
- 2 3′s for Gallo – 7/14 as a team from three, N.O 1/5
-Half Time: 55 – 53 New York- really impressive 2nd quarter. Half time viewing : Chicago/ Boston on ESPN
- dueling threes, 3 consec for Gallo.
- Wayyy off for Ariza
- Gallo running away from a rebound. you rarly see that…
- Two threes passed up by Gallo and Landry
- Bad passing early in third, but still lead by one
- Anyone notice how imperfect this game has been and the Knicks only down 1?
- Another bad pass. whats going on here?
- Stoudemire- and 1- 71- 67 lead
- By the way, where’s Chris Paul at?
- Gallo has clearly decided to stop shooting threes
- 17 turnovers for N.O
- Shawn Williams has been really good tonight
- Another big and- one. this time for Felton.
End of 3 – 79 – 73 NY
Start of 4th-
Knicks: 10 of 23 from downtown
10 – 0 run for Knicks
Williams again! -Player of game?
- Big jumper for Felton-
- Fields has had a rare bad game
- Is that Gallo’s first tech ever???
- Chander has hit some big threes tonight. Theirs another and the Knicks are pulling away….
- Could Paul come alive now? Hope not
- Big answer by Amar’e AND then a big block. Knicks answer a mini N.O comeback
- Air ball for Felton, some awful shots by the Knicks tonight….
- Knicks win 100 – 92. Great win. Knicks have been money on the road this year…
About the Author
Written by Jordan Lauterbach
Jordan Lauterbach began his career in sports media when he was just 15 years old at WKWZ - Syosset. He hosted a sports talk show for nearly four years before moving on to WCWP - Brookville in 2006. Lauterbach currently hosts a sports talk show every Wednesday night from 9pm - midnight (eastern) and a College Football talk show on Saturday mornings from 11am - 12:30 (eastern) (can be heard online at wcwpsports.com and on Long Island on 88.1fm). Follow me on twiiter: jlauterbach1