- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Posted By Frank Mazzola On Dec 5 2010 @ 6:57 pm In New York Jets | No Comments
Monday December 6, 2010
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA
Keys to a Jets victory:
1. Play with poise and discipline- This game has all the earmarks of a playoff game and the Patriots fans are going to loo to motivate their team even more than usual. Quarterback Mark Sanchez is going to have to keep this team calm and focused despite the intense atmosphere. Taking unnecessary penalties in this game will no doubt cause New York to lose as the Patriots will look to take every advantage they can.
2. Kill the clock- Gang Green’s best chance to take the crowd out of the game is to execute long drives by running the ball effectively. Ladainian Tomlinson will need to find some of the jump he’s lost since the beginning of the year and Shonn Greene needs to finally break out with a major game. The stakes are sky-high…it’s time for him to deliver.
1. Watch the tight ends- New England has a pair of athletic tights ends in Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. Both of these players are capable of stretching the field and providing matchup nightmares for linebackers. S Jim Leonhard’s season-ending leg injury is going to impact the Jets here.
2. Rattle Brady- The Jets are going to have to do the nearly impossible and rattle Tom Brady to win this game. Rex Ryan’s exotic blitzes need to be utilized to their fullest extent here. Since New England doesn’t have a truly reliable running game to fall back on, as Brady goes, so do the Patriots.
Prediction: Patriots 21, Jets 17
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/12/05/jets-patriots-preview-2/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/frankmazzola/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.