Yesterday’s game was hard to watch. Even harder to watch than that game against the Eagles. Why you may ask? At least the game against the Eagles, in the rain, they showed some sort of tiny spark in offense. Yesterday was non-existent.
The Giants didn’t even look like they were trying hard. All 4 of their touchdowns were on the ground and the attempt in the end zone by Manning was picked off by London Fletcher. So what went wrong? Everything!
During the start of the season the Redskins’ D was okay with the ground game, however, this game they allowed 198 yards on the ground alone (they did allow 161 yards passing, which is great for the Redskins, but the Giants didn’t need to pass when they scored so much on the ground!).
- Donovan McNabb threw 2 interceptions and fumbled. The game ended with a McNabb interception
- Cooley, Armstrong and Williams also fumbled. 6 total offensive turnovers. Many dropped passes by the O also didn’t help.
- Skins punt was blocked and gave the Giants the ball at first and goal
- The defence did not get a single sack on Manning. Not a one.
- The only thing that was working consistently was Brandon Banks returns, but he didn’t get many chances, due to the lack of punting by the Giants and the fact that they didn’t really allow him many returns.
I still love my Redskins, but I’m a little upset and unhappy, so may need a little “me” time. Maybe we can just be friends for a while?
So obviously they’re not in playoff contention. But thankfully for us Skins fans, neither is Dallas!
About the Author
Written by Mercedes Green
I lived in Greene County Virginia for about 5 years of my childhood. This span of time was enough to imprint the love of the Washington Redskins (and hate of the Dallas Cowboys) into my life forever, even though I am Canadian and still live in Canada. I am in no way an expert on sports, football, or even the Redskins, but I do absolutely adore them, their fans and their home state(s). My favourite Redskin is and will always be Darrell Green (not because we share the same last name lol). I've adored Chris Cooley since he joined the team from the 2004 draft and love London Fletcher. Hail to the Redskins! See you October 30th in my home town of Toronto.