- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Posted By Frank Mazzola On Dec 18 2010 @ 6:57 pm In New York Jets | No Comments
December 19, 2010
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh PA
Keys to a Jets victory:
1. Establish the run early- Asking them to do this against the Steelers’ top-rated run defense is a tall task indeed. However, ball control is really the only shot they have in this game. If they are somehow able to “grind it out”, they’ll have a chance to take the rabid Pittsburgh crowd out of the game.
2. Take advantage of Polamalu being out- New York caught a major break when it was announced that Pittsburgh’s All-World safety will miss the game. They have to be able to connect on a couple of long shots downfield with this situation.
1. Rattle Big Ben- The Steelers’ quarterback is a tough guy who can hang in the pocket with the best of them, but he does tend to take some big shots while doing so. The Jets will need to bring pressure from all angles with the hopes of making him a bit skittish.
2. Contain Hines Ward- He’s the Steelers’ guy when it comes to moving the chains. Putting Darrelle Revis on him and taking him out of the game will force the Steelers to look for slightly less attractive options.
Prediction: Steelers 20, Jets 6
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/12/18/jets-steelers-preview/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/frankmazzola/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.