- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
My Top 10 Real Madrid Christmas Wish List
Posted By Timothy Ashe Jr. On Dec 21 2010 @ 10:43 pm In LFP | No Comments
10. Real Madrid wins the Copa Del Rey-Runners up in ‘04 and ‘02 after winning it in 1993, this is Coach Mou’s goal. Next up is Levante and I think Madridistas everywhere are hoping we can surprise some people and bring the King’s trophy to the King’s city.
9. Kaka returns to his form when he was playing for AC Milan and won the FIFA World Player of the Year-He’ll be back in January and everyone in the world (including Jose Mourinho) is hoping he makes an immediate impact. He’s been deemed by almost everyone as Real’s “biggest offseason signing” since he didn’t play the first part of the season. Hopefully, he scores goals and pairs well with Ozil, Ronaldo, Higuain and DiMaria.
8. Xabi Alonso and Sami Khedira start playing up to their potential-These midfielders need to learn from Xavi, Andres Iniesta, and Sergio Busquets. Barca has a great midfielding strategy and clearly it’s translated into incredible success for their squad. “Los Blancos” could really make a deep run in the champions league if their midfield play improves (and quickly).
7. Give more playing time to Sergio Canales-I’m looking at Jose for this one. He’s a young kid. If you didn’t think he was ready, you should have loaned him out. Of course his practice attitude is going to require some work, he’s still a naïve youngster and he came from Racing Santander (a much smaller scale club). I guarantee to you that he’ll play better than Benzema and get more legitimate shots off.
6. Signing a defender in the transfer window-Are Pepe and Marcelo only talking to themselves in Portuguese back there? Madrid’s defense has been much improved but these two have had some questionable marking. Combine that with Ramos’ ability to rack up cards and it’s way too much for Carvalho, Arbeloa, and Albiol to handle. There are definitely defenders out there who could come in and make an immediate impact.
5. Sign a more traditional striker-Adebayor. Tevez. Chicharito. Lucas Barrios. Edin Dzeko. Sissoko. Hugo Almeida. Robbie Keane. I don’t care who we bring in but every time Benzema plays I want to drop kick the television set. If Madrid are to separate themselves in every current competition, they need to sign someone else (especially with Higuain’s injury).
4. Stop suspending Mourinho-The Spanish Federation and the referees need to lay off the guy. I know he’s got a big mouth and pushes people’s buttons but everyone in the league needs to be treated the same way as Mou. Just because Mou has the “I do what I want attitude”, that doesn’t mean it’s warranted to discipline him unfairly.
3. Gonzalo Higuain furiously returns from injury and stays healthy-He’s been the most consistent player the last 3 seasons in Madrid and the Argentine’s performances are vital for the “vikingos” to have success in January and beyond.
2. Beat Barca in the Bernabeau in the late spring-Losing 5 in a row to Barca has been tough for a Madridista. We’re the best club in the history of European football and have had a rough time trying to disarm the force that is the national team plus Messi aka Barca. After a blowout victory for Barca in late November, “los blancos” are ready for a solid win at home against our Catalan rivals.
1. Dump Karim Benzema-What a bust the lazy Frenchman has been. It’s been rumored Tottenham, ManU, and Inter are all interested. He doesn’t have the work ethic and we’ll have Kaka back in a few short weeks. The transfer window is the perfect time to unload this overhyped striker.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2010/12/21/my-top-10-real-madrid-christmas-wish-list/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://prosportsblogging.com/psb/uploads/2010/12/wishlist.jpg
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/timsoccer02/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.