- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
5 NewsFlashes for “Madridistas” (Real Madrid Corner)
Posted By Timothy Ashe Jr. On Jan 13 2011 @ 12:20 am In LFP | No Comments
2. The Copa del Rey first leg starts tomorrow 01/13 (quarterfinals) against Athletico Madrid in the Santiago Bernabeau. The Rojiblancos reached the Copa del Rey final last year and played tremendously, however, the story remains, “Which Athletico we’ll we see”? If CR7 has anything to say about it, and/or continues his goal scoring frenzy, I predict a 4-1 result for “los merengues”. Atleti is bringing in two higher profile players in hopes of jump starting the squad; Elias (a brazlian) who helped Corinthians to a third-place finish in the Brazilian league this season. Additionally, Juanfran (from Osasuna) will join the team and is having a brilliant season. This will hopefully make up for the loss of the portguese marksman, Simao, who was sold to the Turkish club Besiktas. It’s also important to note Diego Forlan may be on his way out (to an Italian league team) since many of them are rumored to have put offers on the table.
3. Kaka is still the subject of many transfer rumors but Mou insists he’s staying. He continues to be linked to Manchester City and Inter. He had a nice tap in goal off a brilliant assist (flip and go pass) from CR7 against Villarreal last Sunday in Madrid’s 4-2 victory.
4. Chad “Ochocinco” visited a Real Madrid training session last week, meeting with some players plus Mou(including CR7, Kaka, and Albiol), and expressed to the media that soccer was his first love. Apparently, ochocinco juggles a soccer ball before every American football practice and would love to try his hand at professional soccer one day. Whether or not this is the total truth, it’s always a positive thing to see U.S. athletes building relations with a great club like Real Madrid and stressing the importance of the world’s game. Way to go ochocinco!
5. Real Madrid still sits only 2 points back in the league table. Both Madrid and Barca march on in the copa del rey. Barca must face Arsenal in the CLeague while Madrid will try to get revenge against Lyon after last year’s embarrassing CL loss. If Real Madrid can keep pace in all of these competitions with Barca and continue scoring goals (especially CR7) leading up to the next clasico in mid-April, Mou will have positioned himself perfectly to break the current Barca win streak. Only time will tell. For now, let Messi enjoy his trophies and we’ll enjoy our Mou (and our Mahou, haha).
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2011/01/13/5-newsflashes-for-%e2%80%9cmadridistas%e2%80%9d-real-madrid-corner/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://prosportsblogging.com/psb/uploads/2011/01/2474-real-madrid-chad-ochocinco-242.jpg
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/timsoccer02/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.