- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
20 Minutes Is Enough
Posted By Shane Hoopfer On Jan 14 2011 @ 11:06 pm In Calgary Flames | No Comments
The Calgary Flames played a good solid 20 minutes in the second period tonight against the Ottawa Senators which turned out to be just enough as the Flames hung on for a 3-2 victory in Kanata.
David Moss led the charge for the Flames with a couple goals and Ales Kotalik added one on the power play to give the Flames a 3-0 lead after two periods of play. Calgary had really outclassed the Senators for most of the first two periods, and really turned up the jets in the second.
But of course as is Calgary Flames tradition they went into their prevent (winning) defense and let the Senators back in it with Nick Foligno scoring a bit of a softie that Henrik Karlsson probably should have had, then with a minute to go Milan Michalek beat the Flames D and tucked one top corner driving to the net to make the score 3-2. After that though the Sens never really got another good chance.
The win has moved Calgary to within 8 points of the final playoff spot in the Western Conference, and with another winnable game tomorrow night against the Leafs in which I suspect Miikka Kiprusoff will start this team could suddenly find themselves in a much more realistic position to put pressure on the teams ahead of them.
A couple of thoughts about the game tonight..
- Didn’t Mark Giordano look good with the ‘A’ on his jersey?
- Robyn Regher missed the game with a ‘lower body injury’ otherwise known as a sore knee. He could be back tomorrow against Toronto.
- The Senators don’t really have much in the cupboards and seemed disinterested in playing for most of that game.
- Tim Jackman had another solid outing as he has really earned a little more ice time and is now getting a chance on the PK.
- The line of Iginla-Jokinen-Tanguay really looked slow and bored for most of the game. Someone needs to light a fire under their collective backsides.
- Curtis Glencross has found his swagger again. When he is going good he is a guy that could score 30. When he’s off he might have trouble getting 5 in a year.
- What do the Flames do if Kiprusoff doesn’t bounce back against the Leafs tomorrow? Scary thought eh?
Have a good one!
Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/shanehoopfer
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2011/01/14/20-minutes-is-enough/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/hoop27/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.