- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Posted By Frank Mazzola On Jan 22 2011 @ 6:55 pm In New York Jets | No Comments
January 23, 2011
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh PA
Keys to a Jets victory:
1. Establish the run early- With frigid conditions expected, it would be unwise of the Jets to go on a pass heavy attack unless absolutely necessary. Pittsburgh is incredibly difficult to run on, but this is the time when Shonn Greene and LaDainian Tomlinson have to sacrifice everything they have in an attempt to gain ground. If the Jets can’t run, this one will be over before it starts.
2. Take advantage of Edwards vs. McFadden- Braylon Edwards has already proven this offseason that he can be relied upon to make the tough, important catches. He has had success against Bryant McFadden before and will present a physical mismatch over him again.
1. Attack Big Ben- The Steelers’ quarterback is bigger than either Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but he tends to take far more sacks than either of them do. The Jets will need to get sustained pressure on him all night long in order to get him off his game.
2. Corral Mendenhall- In order to consistently bring pressure against Big Ben, the Jets will have to constantly put him passing situations. That means that Rashad Mendenhall must be limited greatly and not allowed to break any big runs. This is a monumental task for the Jets D, but the game could very well rest on their ability to do so.
Prediction: Steelers 17, Jets16
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2011/01/22/jets-steelers-preview-2/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/frankmazzola/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.