- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
10 NEWSFLASHES FOR THE REAL MADRID FAN-ADEBAYOR IS HERE!
Posted By Timothy Ashe Jr. On Jan 26 2011 @ 1:03 am In LFP | No Comments
Real Madrid is very unlucky to have not added Ruud Van Nistelrooy to their current squad. What a tease! Bundesliga’s Hamburg dangled the former Galactico in front of all of our faces while Van Gol even offered to pay half of the signing fee. He expressed an extreme desire to get back to the Bernabeau. He will eventually leave Hamburg this summer and although he’s at the end of his career, RM could have still used his scoring prowess.
2. Emmanuel Adebayor is an “ok” signing. The Togolese striker will come over from Man City on loan for the rest of the reason and will provide immediate relief up front. He’s got good ball skills and is a solid target person. Although his work ethic is questionable, I’m sure it’ll be better than Benzema’s. Look for him to make more of an impact in the upcoming champions league matches (starting at the end of next month against Lyon).
3. We really could have used Kun Aguero. Apparently, 45 million euros was not enough. Adding the Athletico Madrid wingman would have been a nice fresh breath of air and he can score goals as well as being explosive. Unfortunately, Atletico rejected a bunch of EPL bids in addition to RM’s bid for the Argentine/son-in-law of Maradona.
4. Real Madrid storms into this week’s Copa Del Rey competiton against Sevilla. The team hasn’t won the competition in 18 years; however, they seem more focused than ever under Mourinho. They will face a formidable opponent in the finals if everything goes to plan, that being Barca.
5. Mahamadou Diarra, he Mali captain and former Lyon star who hasn’t seen much time this year under Mou will head to Malaga (under Pellegrini) to make room for Adebayor. It had been rumored he was going to Juve or an EPL squad. Everyone knew this departure was imminent. His 3 goals in 5 years are a bit disappointing but he’ll probably feel somewhat comfortable continuing to play in la liga compared to a move to the EPL.
6. RM sits 4 points behind Barca. It’s difficult to say if we can make up any ground this weekend. Yes, Barca lost to Hercules the last time they played in the Nou Camp, but RM must travel to Osasuna. This is always a difficult match since their fans are notorious for creating an intense atmosphere and their aficionados are often compared to rabid dogs.
7. ManU, ManCity, and Arsenal have all expressed interest in signing Sergio Ramos. Could the defender and RM veteran really be interested in leaving? Multiple sources have claimed to have information saying he may want more money and has been involved in some fights with CR7. The rumors have died down since last week and personally, I don’t think this rumor will become true. He’s a bit wild but my favorite defender and RM baller will continue to play his passionate style in the country’s capital. I think there’s a lot more to the “Dani Alves leaving Barca” rumor.
8. CR7 was recently interviewed and denied being jealous of Messi’s success. Let’s remember CR7 has looked brilliant all year (minus the Barca game) and continues to lead the Picchici (I don’t think he cared much that he wasn’t considered for the balon d’or).
9. The chosen one has given the press the silent treatment for the upcoming Copa Del Rey match. He was the butt of a lot of ridicule and some nasty messages being directed at him from the ever passionate Sevilla fans and chose to sit out the most recent press conference. I have a feeling that he’s either tired of defending the club with no support (from upper management) or he’s plotting something to really annihilate the Sevillian club tomorrow.
10. Kaka still needs to prove himself. We all know he’s got the potential but he needs to show some of this “joga bonito” against Sevilla including Real’s future la liga games. We’ve given up on Benzema and we need Kaka to show his worth. If he wants to be “the biggest offseason transfer”,( since it looks like Madrid will only sign Adebayor) he needs to start hitting the back of the ol’ onion bag.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2011/01/26/10-newsflashes-for-the-real-madrid-fan-adebayor-is-here/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/timsoccer02/feed/
Click here to print.
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.