With the All Star break finaly over and the Carmelo Anthony trade completed we can take a good look at the ways teams have played out.
Top 10 before the season started:
of course thing have changed quite a bit at this point in the year. Heres my top 10 now:
1. Heat( they are very dominated when they play a different color then green )
2. Spurs( the recent losses to the bulls and lakers have made me question some things, but they are still looking at 65 wins or so)
3. Celtics( as of late they havent been great, but I think injurys to shaq and a few shooters have hurt them more than we though. When healthy I think they are number 1 ranked)
4. Mavericks( on a 4 game winning streak as of late, I would expect at least 55 wins from them, deffently top contenders)
5. Bulls( playing very well this year, and yet they havent been able to keep either of their big men healthy consistantly. when healthy the bulls can beat any team in the league)
6. Magic( not playing great, but not bad. That 3 way trade made a big difference)
7. Lakers( This will seem high for some and low for some. Lets face it though losing 3 and a row, with one being to a team with less then 10 wins isnt a good thing at all. And health can no longer be used as an excuse. the lakers have some big issues right now, and I think it starts out with kobe. His production in the past 10 game has been bad. real bad, hes had to take in 25 plus shots to get even 15 points. But dont blame it on his team mates, because even phil jackson said he “screws them over in the 3rd quarter”)
8. Thunder( mabey not playing up to expectations, but still 35 wins puts them on pace for arround 50 again. )
9. Hornots( even with tons of distractions chris paul has shown that he can lead a team to the playoffs when healthy)
10. 76ers( Ive never ranked a team under 500 so high but their play as of late deserves it)
About the Author
Written by Anthony Tomashefsky
I have been writing on sports for over 5 years. I have mostly focused on the NFL and College Football, however I have also focused on the nba, and am now writing on the Denver Nuggets.