My off-season posts were going to involve evaluating every position and determining what the Bills should do during the draft but I think that would be boring for readers. Instead I will give you a brief summary of Buffalo news and do a top 5 on categories from greatest Bills comeback to worse Bills moments. I know some of these categories could be painful for fans but at times we all need to take a look at the bad because it makes those great moments so much better.
- Free agent Safety Bob Sanders has decided to take his talent to…. San Diego.
- Although I thought Tight End Jeremy Shockey would be a good fit in Buffalo, he signed with Carolina.
- George Wilson has sign a 3 year contract extension.
- Buffalo have made tender offers to safety Donte Whitner, linebacker Paul Posluszny and tight end Scott Chandler. Cross your fingers
- Bills announced a new uniform for next year. New uniform, fresh start, that’s what I say. Goodbye 2010!
- If you live in the Ottawa region you can watch the COMEBACK from the 1993 playoffs on NFL on Demand. Channel 430.
5. Why So Serious??? The emergence of wide receiver Stevie Johnson was a breath of fresh air. He finished the season with 82 receptions equaling over 1000 yards with 10 touchdowns. He brings a spark to the offense that has been needed in Buffalo for years.
4. The comeback against Cincinnati. Week 11 brought 2 of the worse teams in the NFL but sure gave us one great game. The Bills were trailing 28-7 and score 35 unanswered points on there way to their second win of the year. This game also brought “The Joker” out in Stevie Johnson. Check out the highlights.
3. First win of 2010. I was really shocked the Bills started with 8 straight loses, but really wasn’t that surprised when the beat the Detroit Lions 14-12 in week 10. Of course, it came down to the last play of the game but when the clock read zeros and the Bills won you can see the relief in the players face and the joy in the Bills fans eyes.
2. Bills tailgating. Rolling into Buffalo for week 5 against Jacksonville at 7:30 am was the highlight of my 2010 season. Was a great day with great friends. The weather was perfect, the food was great, the beers were cold. Just have to remember next year to keep the beer bongs for later in the day. Shout out to the Gordons for a great job and can’t wait for next year.
1. THE BEARD. To me Ryan Fitzpatrick was the heart and sole of the 2010 Bills. He never quit on them. He got knocked down, intercepted and tossed like a rag doll on a few plays but shrugged it off and continued to battle. I’m sure he’ll be part of the 2011 Buffalo Bills, but in what capacity? This will probably all depend on the draft.
If you have ideas for a top 5, leave a comment and I’ll have a look.
About the Author
Written by Norm Duhamel