Since the NFL and the NFLPA failed to reach a new CBA and there is a lockout, perhaps we should take a poll and see what CFL team Bills fans should cheer for if they don’t get a new deal settled in time. I bring to you this week the top 5 reasons why I’m a Bills fan. There have been many times I’ve been asked “Why do you cheer for the Bills? They suck”, well here are my reasons! First some Bills News.
- Cam Newton and agent dined with Bills on eve of QB’s Pro Day ( see full article here )
- Pay cuts to come for Bills staff during lockout
- Bills plan to install new field at the Ralph ( I say bring back the lime green field )
- Bills hosts pair of LB prospects, Von Miller and Kelvin Sheppard
5. Jim Kelly. To be honest, when I first started watching football, Jim Kelly was the only football player I knew. Living in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada , they played a Jim Kelly show before every game. I still remember the day my dad asked me if I wanted a football hat and without hesitation I picked out a blue corduroy Bills hat. Wish I still had it.
4. The 90′s. Four straight Super Bowls. If they could have only won one. That’s all I asked. Can’t dwell on the past anymore. Those Super Bowls are tucked away in my pain closet and won’t come out anymore.
3. Never quit attitude. How many seasons and how many games have the Bills kept us in until our hearts got broken; too many to count. But at least they keep it close. No better example than this past year. If they could sneak in a few more blowouts than nail bitters this season, it would be greatly appreciated.
2. Tailgating at the Ralph. Two weeks straight on my top 5. I see a pattern. If you haven’t been to the Ralph on game day… GO! It’s something to see. 70 thousand people there for one reason; to cheer on a team you love. Drinking a beer or 2 with great friends, talking about what the Bills should do that day, is the best. The worst? When the game is done and they’ve lost and haven’t done anything you talked about.
1. Number one reason why I’m a Bills Fan???? Because they’re the best, of course.
About the Author
Written by Norm Duhamel