- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
FBIW#8- Third Base Report
Posted By Mo Johnson On Mar 29 2011 @ 3:18 pm In Fantasy Baseball | No Comments
The hot corner is a bit of a hot potato this year. The players moving in and out of the position could make you dizzy. Jose Bautista, Martin Prado, Kevin Youkilis, Chone Figgins and even the evil Jhonny Peralta all will be able to claim a number 5 on your fantasy team’s defensive slots. This turns out to be very useful as it propels third out of the shallow end to deeper waters. So fear not generals, 3rd base will not be as difficult as Short stop to fill.
Potential sleepers: picks that you may be able to get later or cheaper in cost relative to potential value.
Potential busts: picks that will likely be draft earlier or cost more then their actual fantasy value.
1) Evan Longoria- He may be more of a 25 then 30home run guy, but still a good shot to hit .300 with over 100 RBI’s.
2) Ryan Zimmerman- I expect a bit of an increase on 2010, but not quite 2009 totals.
3) David Wright- 2008 & 2010 totals say he may be the top 3rd baseman in the game. 2009 stats and 2010 strike out totals say you should doubt his consistency.
4) Alex Rodriguez- Dude is 35 and I hate him. With that said if he stays healthy 2010 numbers are probably the low end you could expect of him.
5) Jose Bautista- Hard to believe he can repeat his 2010 but even 30% drop leaves him among the elite.
6) Kevin Youkilis- he may not start with 3rd base eligibility in your league as he was a 1st baseman last year. (If you want more info on him check my 1st base recap.)
7) Adrian Beltre- His contract year got him paid by Texas. Last time he got a big contract he followed it up by being horrible. I don’t expect that to repeat, but I do expect a slight dip from 2010.
8) Aramis Ramirez- A rebound is almost guaranteed, the question is how much?
9) Casey McGehee- Home runs and RBI’s may slip a little but with no name value he may still be a value pick you can grab late.
10) Pablo Sandoval- Made for the fantasy risk takers. Kung Fu Panda can bounce back….or get bounced from the line-up. With that said he came to camp in great shape and signs are pointing up.
11) Michael Young- Talent wise he is top 8, but the signing of Beltre looks like it may limit his at bats.
12) Martin Prado- see 2nd base review.
13) Chone Figgins- see 2nd base review.
14) Pedro Alvarez- Another risk/reward pick. His high k rate is alarming, but he may give you a cheap 2-30 homeruns.
15) Mark Reynolds- Immense power, but expecting a batting average above .250 is really pushing it.
16) Ian Stewart- at 16 solely due to his power potential.
17) Chase Headley- double digit home runs with teen steals.
18) David Freese- Ankle woes destroy his 2010, he has potential to be solid in Ba, runs and RBI’s but you can’t expect much home runs or steals from him.
19) Chris Johnson- he is looking at 50% more at bats, 50% more statistics would look pretty good.
20) Alberto Callaspo- Likely closer to 2009 than 2010, still not too exciting.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2011/03/29/fbiw8-third-base-report/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/themojoking/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.