- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
PGA TOUR What It Means: April 24, 2011 — Hilton Head
Posted By Jeremy Schilling On Apr 24 2011 @ 8:09 pm In PGA | No Comments
A dramatic playoff starts off this week’s What It Means:
1) To the big time golf fan it may be surprising to read that Brandt Snedeker had only had one previous PGA Tour victory — the 2007 Wyndham Championship in Greensboro — coming into today. But today at The Heritage he proved why he seems to be always in contention — shooting a sensational final round 64 to land in a playoff with Luke Donald. In that playoff, He made a gorgeous birdie on the first playoff hole, a clutch par save on the second, and a safe third shot to the center of the green on the third that proved to be good enough for his second PGA Tour victory when Donald failed to chip it in for a tying par.
Brandt is a player that has contended at majors before and I would not be surprised if he wins one. He’s that good a talent.
2) Jim Nantz and Nick Faldo speculated on the CBS Sports telecast that if Donald had left the flagstick in on his par chip on the 3rd hole of the playoff, the 18th hole on the golf course, that he would have made it. Instead, it lipped out and he was eliminated. After the broadcast was over I went back and slowed it down on my DVR and I’m not sure it would have made a difference. To my eye it could have just as easily have hit the flagstick and dropped in as it could have hit it and dropped out.
3) The Heritage needs and deserves a sponsor! Great tournament, in a great place (I’ve been there, it’s absolutely beautiful), and creates great finishes.
4) Lee Westwood won in Indonesia today and regains the world #1 ranking. It may not be for long. The way this season is going, I wouldn’t be surprised if four or five guys touched the top spot by the time 2011 closes out.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2011/04/24/pga-tour-what-it-means-april-24-2011-hilton-head/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/jeremys/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.