The Redskins take DL Jarvis Jenkins (Clemson) for their 9th pick in the second round. Jenkins is 6’4” and 310 lbs of a potential nose tackle or DE in the newly formed 3-4 defence.
- The Redskins were due to pick at #17 (49th overall) but trade down to Colts for 53rd and 152nd
- They then trade down the 53rd pick to Chicago for 62nd and 127th.
- Redskins trade down again for picks 79th, 146th and 217th
- WR Leonard Hankerson (Miami)
- trade UP this round to get RB Roy Helu (Nebraska)
- DB Dejon Gomes and WR Niles Paul (both from Nebraska as well)
- More offensive picks with RB Evan Royster (Penn St) and WR Aldrick Robinson (SMU)
- DB Brandyn Thompson (Boise St), OL Maurice Hurt (Florida),DE Markus White (Florida St) and NT Chris Neild (West Virginia)
About the Author
Written by Mercedes Green
I lived in Greene County Virginia for about 5 years of my childhood. This span of time was enough to imprint the love of the Washington Redskins (and hate of the Dallas Cowboys) into my life forever, even though I am Canadian and still live in Canada. I am in no way an expert on sports, football, or even the Redskins, but I do absolutely adore them, their fans and their home state(s). My favourite Redskin is and will always be Darrell Green (not because we share the same last name lol). I've adored Chris Cooley since he joined the team from the 2004 draft and love London Fletcher. Hail to the Redskins! See you October 30th in my home town of Toronto.