On September 3, 2011, the Nebraska Cornhusker football team will run out onto Tom Osborne Field in front an NCAA record, 312th consecutive sellout of Husker Nation.
When the Huskers emerge from the Tunnel Walk, something will be different for that crowd;
the Huskers will be members of the Big Ten.
In celebration, I have come up with none other than a Top 10 list for Big Red fans:
10. We are now members of the Big Ten. We just have to tell them that 11 is more than 10.
9. We get to road trip to Madison, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis and University Park this year to show them how Big Red Nation travels with the Huskers.
8. Remember when we would throw frozen oranges onto the field to celebrate a Big 8 championship. We get to throw frozen roses now. Although we will do it begrudgingly, when we don’t get to play for a national title.
7. 7.5-million reasons why you and I would have never have played for the Huskers either. Give Bubba Starling a break Husker
Nation. Congrats Bubba and Big Red wishes for luck. Say hello to Alex Gordon.
6. We have a new Thanksgiving rival in the Iowa Hawkeyes. What will we give the winner? Loser has to come to the winner’s state and de-tassel for the summer? The Golden Cornstalk trophy?
5. The excitement of having the Big Ten Network to view Husker game victories.
4. Bo Pelini coaching against his alma mater The Ohio State Buckeyes.
3. Watching the Blackshirts throw the bones against new conference foes.
2. It’s Husker football…what else be said.
1. We finally get to play Oklahoma for the national title in New Orleans rather than in the Big XII
GOOOO BIGGGGG REDDDD!!!!!
About the Author
Written by Karl Sannicks, II