- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Dirty Bird Blog: This N’ That Part 2
Posted By Clifford Pine On Sep 10 2011 @ 11:53 pm In Montreal Alouettes | 2 Comments
Just thought I’d share a few thoughts since I didn’t have a specific subject to write about this week:
- Why didn’t the Alouettes put Adrian McPherson into the game sooner this past Monday? It was becoming clear that for whatever reason that it simply wasn’t Anthony Calvillo’s game to win. So why risk him getting hurt in a blowout game and not give Mac5 the chance to get some reps, shake things up?
- Give Brandon Whitaker the ball and we win games. Don’t and we lose. Why I can figure this out and no one else is beyond me. Man cannot live on bread alone and football teams cannot win games solely on the arm of it’s quarterback.
- Looks like our former RB Avon Cobourne has looked past us and focused his energy on the Swaggerville movement that is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I get the impression from his Twitter that he wishes he came up with that idea. Ever the marketing genius (his major at West Virginia University), Avon is all about getting the word out. He had to see $$ in that like the Winnipeg players did.
- Today was the final game played at B.C.’s Empire Field as they will soon return to their old confines of B.C. Place. I wish I could have made it out to Vancouver during that brief time to see the Alouettes play there. It was only one game early in the 2010 season. This year’s sole Alouettes game in Vancouver will be at the renovated BC Place. I’m sure the refreshing of the stadium will be great for Lions fans but from all sounds of it, Vancouverites loved the outdoor experience.
- I will be attending the Alouettes game out in Edmonton this year. In addition to seeing family, I will now be able to properly cross off Edmonton from my CFL Bucket List . I’m looking forward to the experience as Edmonton is fielding a competitive team this year and Montreal did hand them an embarrassing defeat earlier this year. Look out for the red, white & blue speckles in the sea of green & gold.
- Tomorrow is September 11th. Always a day of remembrance for all and the CFL is no exception. With this being the 10 year anniversary of that event, there will be all sorts of memorials and tributes throughout the sporting world. The Alouettes will have a moment of silence before the game start to honour those who lost their lives.
Gonna wrap it up. I’ll be at the game tomorrow, live-tweeting  as always. I’ll also have a special guest watching the game with me. More on that experience in the next blog post. Enjoy the game, wherever you’re watching it!
GO ALS GO!!
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2011/09/10/dirty-bird-blog-this-n-that-part-2/
URLs in this post:
 CFL Bucket List: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2011/08/18/dirty-bird-blog-my-cfl-bucket-list/
 live-tweeting: http://www.twitter.com/CliffyD
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/cliffyd/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.