The Buffalo Bills are finally playing another divisional game, the first since they BEAT the New England Patriots in week 3. This is a 2 for 1 game for Buffalo, if they beat the New York Jets not only will they still be in first place but they will be 2 games up on the Jets. Is this the biggest game of the year? Yes and no. Yes because it’s an AFC East game, and no because next week and the week after that will be the biggest game of the year. This is how the Bills have to play, one game at a time. It’s really hard to imagine that they were winless this time last season.
Four days after beating the Redskins, the Bills were awarded another sack on John Beck making it 10! Originally, the stop was ruled a tackle, because Beck was running. He was actually stopped behind the line by Danny Batten and Nick Barnett. Both players were awarded a half-sack. They hope to keep up this tempo Sunday as they try to get right up into QB Mark Sanchez’s face. The Bills will also try to minimalize the Jets running game, they held Washington to a season low 26 yards on the ground. Last year, the Jets ran close to 300 yards, something they still have on their minds.
Since Rex Ryan’s arrival the Jets have not won after a bye week and since Buffalo is undefeated at home, I look for this trend to continue. After a slow start the Jets have won 2 in a row but let’s remember these wins were against Miami and a struggling San Diego team. With Fitzpatrick, Jackson and Johnson firing on all cylinders I have no doubt that the Bills will make this a close one. For us Bills fans, this will be a big win.
News and Notes
- For the first time in 25 years, the Bills will be wearing white at home
- Donald Jones looks to be a ‘go’ for Sunday after missing a few weeks
- Marcell Dareus is nominated for rookie of the week. Vote here.
- According to coolstanding.com the Bills have a 50.3 chance of making the playoffs.
- There will be a whiteout this Sunday, 50 000 white pom poms with be handed out at the Ralph
- Patriots defense is last in the league
About the Author
Written by Norm Duhamel