- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Can you feel the (March) Madness???
Posted By Mark Cook On Mar 9 2012 @ 3:20 pm In NCAABK | No Comments
As we rapidly approach The 2012 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. Here are the teams that I believe will make the most “noise” in the next couple of weeks.
Favorites to WIN it all:
1. Kentucky – Anthony Davis is a “beast” in the paint and with the clutch play of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Kentucky is one of the “best” teams in college basketball today along with Syracuse.
Strength – Depth Weakness – Experience
2. Syracuse – Scoop Jardine, Fab Melo & Dion Walters lead a tough squad that has dominated their opponents for most of this season. Their rugged play is a staple of coach Boeheim’s greatness.
Strength – Toughness Weakness – Half-court offense
3. North Carolina – The Tarheels have a starting lineup that I can see playing on the next level. Coach Williams has the experience to lead his team to another championship this season.
Strength – Experience Weakness – Outside Shooting
4. Kansas – Thomas Robinson is a “Man” on the court. Tyshawn Taylor is a quick guard who can get the rack at will. Can the Jayhawks prove that they can compete with the likes of UNC, Syracuse and Kentucky?
Strength – Inside/Outside threats Weakness – Depth
5. Missouri – This guard heavy team has the right ingredients to win it all, but can the Tigers be able to win with having only one strong post player?
Strength – Guard play Weakness – Lack of post players
6. Duke: Strength – Outside shooting Weakness – Post play
7. Ohio State: Strength – Experience Weakness – Bench play
8. Marquette: Strength – Inside / Outside scoring Weakness – Rebounding
9. Michigan State: Strength – Toughness Weakness – Balance scoring
10. Baylor: Strength – Athleticism Weakness – Rebounding
Here are the teams that I think will mess up your bracket this year.
1. Indiana – Has beaten Kentucky, Michigan & Michigan State this year.
Strength – Scoring Weakness – Rebounding
2. Florida State – Beat UNC by 33 points earlier this season.
Strength – Toughness Weakness – Scoring
3. UNLV – Has beaten two top-twenty teams this season.
Strength – Guard play Weakness – Big game experience
4. Wisconsin – Beat Ohio State, Indiana and Ilinois this year.
Strength – Defense Weakness – Scoring
5. Florida – Has three perimeter players who can light it up (Beal, Boynton & Walker)
Strength – Perimeter play Weakness – Inconsistency
Here are some “small” schools that I think could send a “major” team home early in the tournament.
1. Harvard: Strength – Coaching Weakness – Rebounding
2. VCU: Strength – Experience Weakness – Shooting
3. Creighton: Strength – Scoring Weakness – Rebounding
4. Murray State: Strength – Guard play Weakness – Shooting
5. Detroit: Strength – Scoring Weakness – Rebounding
I am sure that crazed college basketball fans like myself are anxious to see how the drama of “March Madness” plays out this year. Fill out your brackets carefully!
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2012/03/09/can-you-feel-the-march-madness/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/psb/uploads/2012/03/kentucky.jpg
 Image: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/psb/uploads/2012/03/indiana.jpg
 Image: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/psb/uploads/2012/03/harvard.jpg
 Image: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/psb/uploads/2012/03/champions.jpg
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/mrcook/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.