Not much news from the Bills this week, the biggest would be the re-signing of RB Tashard Choice. I’m happy for him, however, he would only see action if either Spiller or Jackson get hurt, and we certainly don’t want that. Here are other tidbits for the week:
- Offensive Tackle Demetrius Bell visited with the Eagles and may not return to the Bills, this has started me thinking that Buffalo has new plans for the draft.
- Buddy Nix revealed, in an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio earlier this month, that he has told Fred Jackson an extension will be offered by the time training camp begins this summer.
- Buffalo offered a 20 gift certificate for the Bills Store to those who renew their season tickets online. Since I renewed with a rep, I don’t qualify, BS!
- Bills were awarded one compensatory pick at the end of round seven. At 251st overall, it’s just two picks removed from the end of the draft.
- Funny tweet of the week came from Mario Williams : @bbwolf90: At fogo in atl. Much love http://lockerz.com/s/197424700
5. Drew Bledsoe:
In the 3 years he was in Buffalo, Drew started 48 games, won 23, got sacked 140 times and never took them to the playoffs. After looking these stats up, I feel like I should move him up on the list. I remember the excitement of the Drew signing, very similar to that of Mario Williams, I just hope it has a different result.
4. Kawika Mitchell:
Finally the Bills get a bigger name LB, the only problem is he was injury prone and only lasted 2 seasons. He is now out of the league and into the Buffalo Bills free agent bust graveyard. R.I.P!
3. Troy Vincent:
Ok, maybe he doesn’t belong this far down the list but a player of his reputation I expected a little more than 5 interceptions in three years. He switched to safety from corner when arriving to Buffalo, perhaps they should have kept him in a position he was comfortable playing, he did collect 42 interceptions as a corner. Smart move Buff!
2. Terrell Owens:
High profile player..Yes, worth the 6 million Buffalo paid for him..NO! As my friend Miah pointed out, he really had nobody throwing him the ball. His body language said it all as the ball would sail over his head. I can just picture him saying in his head…”What am I doing here?” He had 5 touchdowns in the one year in Buffalo, a far cry from his career high 16 he caught in 2001.
Scary to think that he won a Super Bowl as backup in Tampa, even scarier is that he was the last quarterback to play in a playoff game for Buffalo. I won’t be pulling up stats on Johnson, because what’s the point, everyone knows they are brutal. The Bills took a chance and thought Johnson could finally be a replacement for Kelly, but prior to signing with Buffalo he started one game with Jacksonville, was that enough to judge if you are NFL caliber? Take note Seattle, Matt Flynn could be the next Rob Johnson.
About the Author
Written by Norm Duhamel