As the 2011-12 NBA regular season comes to an end. A lot of questions will have to be answered for the Brooklyn Nets this off-season. So, what that in mind. I decided to break down the current Nets team to figure out who I believe should stay & who do I think should go.
Here is my break down of the current Nets roster.
1. Deron Williams – This is a no-brainer. The Nets NEED to keep D-Will in the fold. He is clearly their BEST player & Superstar that Brooklyn needs to lead them in the future.
2. Gerald Green – Green has surprised many NBA experts by finally displaying the skills that made him a 1st round pick. His highlight play ability & new found determination is something that the Nets can use next season.
3. Kris Humphries – I believe the Nets should keep Hump. He fits perfectly in the offense and his rebounding ability & steady improvement are reasons enough to keep Hump in a Nets uniform.
On The Fence:
1. Brook Lopez – The Nets need a center. Wait, the Nets still have a young center! Lopez has shown flashes of good play but his inconsistency has hurt our team. I think still having Brook on the team could be helpful on the court or on the trading block.
2. Gerald Wallace – Crash is a All-Star type of player. Yet, with him earning over 11 million next season. I think that the Nets should consider getting rid of Wallace. Gerald is solid but at that price, I believe the Nets can get more value with that money.
3. Jordan Farmar – This career backup point guard is been okay at best & disappointing at worst. Despite of his player option, I feel that the Nets have to dump Farmar. The Nets can upgrade this off-season with another veteran PG.
Time to Go:
1. Deshawn Stevenson – Limited contributor. No offense.
2. Sundiata Gaines – No defense. Bad shot selection.
3. Shelden Williams – Six fouls. Name on the roster.
4. Keith Bogans – Hurt all season. No help.
Billy King & the rest of Nets management will have to figure out how to reform this team into an Eastern Conference threat over the off-season. I have to admit, it will be tough to make this roster over in just 1 summer but it will be interesting to see if can it be done.
About the Author
Written by Mark Cook