Hello New York Rangers fans and welcome to your section of Pro Sports Blogging! Allow me to Introduce myself, my name is Eric O’Connell. I’m a CT native and current Journalism major at St. John’s University. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, listening to music, talking to myself and obsessing over the New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers and of course, New York Rangers. I should also probably list spending time with my lovely girlfriend as an interest.
Now, before I get too carried away, I’ll inform you on what you can expect on this blog. If you had previously searched for Rangers news and analysis on here the results were, shall we say, limited. I’m here to bring more consistency and level-headed opinions on Broadway’s favorite live show. Given that it’s the off season I will be posting about once a week on off season activities that affect the team such as Free Agents, Trades, Injuries, etc. When the season starts I will be posting more often and discussing what will surely be another intriguing season from the Blueshirts.
Since this is my first time posting here, I figured I’d fill you in on some random details about me:
- My first hockey game was my sophomore year of High School. The Bruins beat the Rangers in Boston 3-2 in a shoot out. It was an awesome game.
- My brother introduced me to watching hockey. I wanted to watch the Yankees but he was watching the Ducks in the Cup Finals. I watched and was hooked.
- My favorite Ranger is Henrik Lundqvist, my favorite non -star is Brian Boyle.
- When I was nine i played football with my neighbors and nobody could tackle me. They told me I was “like The Bus.” I asked who The Bus was and that is how Jerome Bettis became my favorite Athlete and The Steelers my favorite Football team despite everyother member of my family being Giants fans and from New York.
- My favorite bands include Third Eye Blind, The Offspring, AC/DC, John Mayer, and lately some Zac Brown Band. I’m a big fan of early 2000′s alternative music.
- I always enjoy a good movie, especially crime thrillers. I’ve also probably seen Remember the Titans more times than I can count.
- You can follow me on Twitter @EOCONN36 (Opinions are my own and not that of this websites.)
Well that’s all for now! I’ll be back later next week to discuss some potential moves for the Rangers.
About the Author
Written by Eric O'Connell
Eric O'Connell is Junior at St. John's University in Queens, New York but hails from Connecticut. He has been a life long fan of the New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, and New York Rangers. Other interests include hanging out with friends, listening to music, having a good time, and Coffee Oreo Ice Cream. Follow on Twitter @EOCONN36 (opinions are mine and not Pro Sports Blogging)