- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Top Five Overrated Players In New York History
Posted By James Beck On Jul 22 2012 @ 10:45 pm In New York | No Comments
5) Jose Reyes- For a man to have only of had 2 good seasons he was sure thought of highly by Mets fans and other players. For a lead off man his OBP was average to low at best. And the lack of focus on the field was horrible. He could never stay healthy and was known more for stupid handshakes then for winning. He was non existent in the playoffs as well as the collapses.
4) Marc Stall- Is there someone who gets paid more to do something he doesn’t do. He was drafted to be an offensive defense man and has shown little signs of offense. His defense is above average but he loses position way to often, and can not clear the front of the net. Not to mention how bad the rangers power play has been with him as the quarterback.
3) Derek Jeter- Now don’t get me wrong Jeter is a very good player. Just not as good as the media hypes him to be. He has hit in one of the best lineups in baseball for the last 12 years and have only won2 world series. Take Cano, Tex, Sabathia, Pettitte off that team and the Yankees don’t win. The player with the clutch hits and RBI’s in the 90′s was Bernie Williams and Paul O’neil. Yet all the credit and attention went to Jeter. Jeter is a very good player just not as good as the media has wanted you to believe.
2) Carmelo Anthony- He has only been here a year and a half but could anyone really say their not sick of his act. He doesn’t make anyone around him better, doesn’t understand the concept of team. Chucks up 24-28 shots a night and goes to the line 8 times a game. Two playoff series only one win, points fingers at teammates and get’s coaches fired. All this and the man has never won anything
1) Darrelle Revis- The only cornerback who either holds or commits pass interference on every passing play. If the league called these penalties you would see he is maybe a backup on some teams. I was once told by an NFL player he is the best worst corner in the league. Another player who has never won anything but has held out twice for a new contract. Hopefully the refs will make these calls so you will see what I see.
Next 10- A-Rod, Tim Tebow, Henrik Lundqvist, Martin Brodeur, Ryan Callahan, Brad Richards, Brandon Jacobs, Rex Ryan, Joe Girardi and Johan Santana.
Of course not everyone will agree so give me your top 15. There are many different reasons for my top 15 and if you want to know just ask. Most players and coaches are recent there would be to many players to throw on this list and many players would change slots. Next Sunday I will make a list of most important players to their teams as well as post a list of top 20 pitchers to have ever pitched in New York. Plus post news and trade rumors while we get closer to the trade deadline as well as two post game reports from two Mets games.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2012/07/22/top-five-overrated-players-in-new-york-history/
URLs in this post:
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/metsman78/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.