- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Just a Bad 1st Game…
Posted By Daniel Saviuk On Sep 9 2012 @ 11:25 pm In Miami Dolphins,NFL | No Comments
Today, was not a pretty start for Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins…
Unfortuantely, they lost 30-10 against the Texans in Houston. The game was decided in the last 7 minutes and 23 seconds of the 2nd quarter. The last 4 possessions of the 1st half for Miami (3 INT’s, 1 fumble lost; which led to 24 points).
Tannehill, making his 1st career start, in his home state of Texas, looked really good up to that point, and then the wheels came off.
Here is the last 7:23 minutes of the half with the Miami leading 3-0:
1) 1st INT = Legedu Naanee didn’t break on the ball and Johnathan Joesph intercepted it. That led to a FG. Tie game.
2) 2nd INT = DE J.J. Watt batted the ball in the air at the line of scrimmage, and LB Brian Cushing intercepted it. That led to an Arian Foster TD.
3) 3rd INT = Again, J.J. Watt batted the ball in the air at the line of scrimmage, and CB Kareem Jackson intercepted it. That led to another Arian Foster TD.
4) Fumble = Trying to run out the clock in the 1st half, Daniel Thomas got clocked, and coughed up the ball and was recovered by CB Danieal Manning. That led to an Andre Johnson TD.
Just like that..
Tannehill’s line for day: 20-36 (55.6%), 219 yards, 3INT’s, (39% QB rating), 5 balls tipped, sacked twice. The Dolphins were 0-3 in the red zone. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000059697/Ryan-Tannehill-highlights 
A little tidbit from espn.com, http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320909034 
Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill  threw all 3 of his interceptions on throws 5 or fewer yards downfield and finished with a 3.1 Total QBR.
As I watched the game today, you could see that offensive line was getting manhandled. That attributed to Tannehill’s struggles. No passing lanes. Maybe he could have moved around a little bit more, but he hardly had any room. He needed to do a little juke and some pump fakes. That would have gotten the defense to back off a bit.
Also, the Dolphins’ secondary were getting wrecked like in a car demolition. Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels were the monster cars driving over the defenseless and helpless cars. They torched the secondary for (12 catches (8 by Johnson), 206 yards, (119 by Johnson), and a TD).
There were some positive notes:
1) Marcus Thigpen was awesome as Punt and Kickoff Returner. He had a 72 yard punt-return for a TD (2 PRs, 76 yards, TD (38.0 Avg)). 5 KRs, 137 yards (27.4Avg), long of 32 yards)…
2) The run defense of Miami, did pretty decent. Held Arian Foster to 26 carries, 79 yards. Unfortunately, he had 2TD’s though.
3) Reggie Bush = 14 carries, 69 yards. 6 catches, 46 yards.
4) Devone Bess and Brian Hartline = Bess/ 5 catches, 45 yards. Hartline/ 3 catches, 50 yards (including a beautiful 32-yard catch in the 4th quarter).
I know the fans and I wanted Tannehill to just come out and light it up, but unfortuantely he struggled. It is a process. He is going to have good games and bad games. I was impressed on how he handled himself. He kept trying to rally his guys. He wants to be the man and he showed glimpses on why he is going to a special quarterback in this league for years to come.
Next week, he makes his home debut against the Raiders. I am sure he will review the film, and the coaches will work with him.
It was just a bad 1st game.
All the stats were provided by: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20120909034&page=boxscore 
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2012/09/09/just-a-bad-1st-game/
URLs in this post:
 http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000059697/Ryan-Tannehill-highlights: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000059697/Ryan-Tannehill-highlights
 http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320909034: http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=320909034
 Ryan Tannehill: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=14876/ryan-tannehill
 http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20120909034&page=boxscore: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20120909034&page=boxscore
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/dspiazzafan2131/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.