Time to reset and start over.
Losing your first game is nothing to worry about but if you lose your first two games might be. Falling to 0-2 will mean that Buffalo would be winless against AFC teams that we could be chasing for a wildcard spot at the end of the season. I foresee a motivated Bills team in the home opener against Kansas City. The team will be rallying around teammate Marcell Dareus who lost his brother earlier in the week in a triple homicide (read story here)
Bounce Back Game
It’s hard to forget Ryan Fitzpatrick’s three interceptions but let’s keep in mind, he did have three touchdowns. It will be interesting to see how Fitzy rebounds from last week’s disaster. It was one thing when he was playing the underdog role, but now that he ranks among the top paid QB’s in the league, Bills fans, rightly, expect a lot from him.
Mario Williams will be looking to show the Buffalo crowd why he is worth his 100 million dollar contract. His one tackle against the Jets did not sit well with me. Thankfully, last week KC’s Matt Cassell was intercepted twice and sacked three times making Williams chances to record some big numbers a little easier.
Stephon Gilmore did not have a good start to his career. He looked much like a rookie last week letting Stephen Hill catch five for 85 yards and his first two NFL touchdowns. Stevie Johnson said during spring practices. “I think he’s going to be one of those dominant cornerbacks in the league.” Now it’s time to prove it!
Who will step up?
Key injuries to Fred Jackson and David Nelson have left us wondering who will step up in their absence? In Jackson’s case it’s simple, C.J. Spiller filled in nicely last week, gaining a league leading 169 yards and has been nominated for the FedEx Ground Player of the week ( vote here ). Nelson’s replacement is still uncertain. Donald Jones will be stepping up in the slot position and stated “I’m not a stranger to this at all,” said Jones. “I did it all preseason getting me ready in case something like this was to happen. Now it’s time for me to step in and do it in a game.” If not Jones then we’ll look to Rookie T.J. Graham who will be making his NFL debut and I’ll predict he’ll have his chances on Sunday and showcase his speed.
- T.J. Graham wears number 11… you sure T.J.? Past players to wear 11 are Drew Bledsoe, Roscoe Parrish, Rob Johnson and SCOTT NORWOOD. You might want to rethink it.
- Buffalo beat Kansas City last year 41-7 last year. Can we see a repeat performance?
- Bills have reached a one-year lease extension for Ralph Wilson Stadium keeping them there for the 2013 season
- We will be at the game and I expect my three game win streak at the Ralph to continue. I predict a close game and pick the Bills to win 31-28. I also predict my wife will close her eyes cause she can’t handle watching.
- Drop by and say hi, we are in section 117 row 17, seats 3 and 4!
About the Author
Written by Norm Duhamel