What a difference a week makes. Buffalo shrugged off last week’s debacle and dominated in the home opener winning 35-17 against the Kansas City Chiefs. The best part was that we were in attendance. The day began at 9 a.m in the parking lot for some amazing tailgating and ended with C.J. Spiller still leading the league in rushing ( 292 yards) and a Buffalo defense that dominated with five sacks, forced three turnovers and limited the Chiefs to 3 points and 184 yards offense through three quarters, when the game was effectively over.
All around game
The only thing missing from this game was a defensive touchdown. Ryan Fitzpatrick bounced back nicely with touchdowns to Scott Chandler ( 1o yards) and Stevie Johnson ( 49 yards) and more importantly no interceptions. The offensive line did an amazing job keeping Fitzy’s jersey clean for the second week in the row and props goes out to LT Chris Hairston for the huge block to allow Spiller to run for 38 of his 123 yards. Check it out here.
As the words ” I’m disappointed in McKelvin” were leaving my mouth and my friend Miah agreeing with me, #21 caught the ball after a punt and was on his way to his 88 yard return for a touchdown. I should really talk more trash about players so they can prove me wrong. The Bills now lead the league with 31.3 yards per punt return and it’s all thanks to McKelvin’s great play on Sunday.
I know, I know, it’s only week 2 but it’s great to see that the Bills are leading the league in a few categories.
They rank first in
- rushing yards per game with 198 yards/game
- average yards per carry with 6.4
- they are a perfect 5 for 5 in redzone attempts ( no other club is perfect)
It’s is so important now for the Bills to keep this momentum for their game against the Browns this week. With New England losing to Arizona (hahaha), it’s crucial for Buffalo to go into week 4 against the Patriots on the right track. I have no doubt that the Bills will win on Sunday against the Browns, it just all depends on how they win. I believe week 1 was used to familiarize themselves with each other, week 2 was to show how they can all play well together and week 3 will be a tune up for the Patriots on October 6th.
- Dear Cronnel,
Taking timeouts at the end of the game when you’re down by 3 possessions is bush league!
- Parking at the game is ridiculous, you can no longer park where you want and must park where the attendants tell you.
- A fire was averted when my wife Kutty noticed some moron left burning coals in a plastic bag beside our car.
- 10 dollars for 2 bottles of water is INSANE! They promote “Make Mom Proud” at the stadium and I’m trying to, but it’s too damn expensive
- Thanks to the Gordon’s for the hospitality, without you guys, Bills games just wouldn’t be the same. And no worries Flash.. no facebook!
About the Author
Written by Norm Duhamel