The start of the game went as planned, Bills defense stopped the Browns on their first two possessions and Fitzpatrick led the offense to 2 quick scores, but all good things came to end when C.J. Spiller fell weirdly on his shoulder and left the game. Buffalo seemed to stall for most of the third quarter allowing the Browns to creep within three then Fitzy drove the field and found a wide open Stevie Johnson, that touchdown sealed Buffalo’s first road win in their last 8 with a 24-14 score.
Fitzpatrick might be shelling out some of his big contract money taking out his offensive line out for dinner if they keep doing what their doing. For the third straight week they have kept their quarterback off the ground, allowing Fitzy the time he needs to find his receivers. Don’t get me wrong, I would rather have Jackson or Spiller in the back field but with an offensive line like Buffalo’s anyone can carry the ball and have success. Buffalo totaled 138 yards rushing with Tashard Choice leading the way 91 of those yards.
Word on Spiller/Jackson
No definite word how long Spiller will be gone, but reports have him missing at least next week with a sprain of the shoulder. Better news is that Chan Gailey thinks Fred Jackson might have a chance to play this weekend against New England. I will have more this week on the status of these guys and let’s hope Jackson is ready to get on the field.
- T.J. Graham scores his first NFL touchdown, but must work on his TD dance. See here
- Mario Williams records his first sack as Buffalo Bill. I will be ordering my MariO’s this week.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick is leading the league in TD’s with 8
- Bought a deep fryer for crispy wings… total success
- This is my 100th blog! Thanks to everyone for reading and my wonderful wife for proof reading, my blog would not make sense without her help!
- What’s better than a Bills win? A Patriots loss! BRING ON THE PATS!!
About the Author
Written by Norm Duhamel