- Pro Sports Blogging - http://www.prosportsblogging.com -
Can the Fins Dodge the On-Coming Rams??
Posted By Daniel Saviuk On Oct 12 2012 @ 1:12 am In Miami Dolphins,NFL | 1 Comment
Nothing like coming home win a SWEET VICTORY after 2 heartbreaking losses prior. The Dolphins did just that, after beating the Bengals in their own yard 17-13. Reshad Jones sealed the victory by picking off Andy Dalton at midfield to give the Fins their 2nd victory.
Because of his standout performance in the game, DT Randy Starks was awarded AFC DEFENSIVE PLAYER of the WEEK. He becomes first defensive tackle in team history to win weekly NFL honor. He is the first Miami Dolphins defensive player to earn the award since Jason Taylor in Week 11 of the 2006 season.
He had three tackles, two passes defenses, an interception, a quarterback hit and a half of a sack in the win over the Bengals. It came on the first drive of the second half that set up Miami’s offense at the Cincinnati 36. Three plays later running back Reggie Bush finished off a 13-yard touchdown run to give the Dolphins a 14-6 lead. He already has 3.5 sacks this season, second most on the team behind Wake’s 5.5, and his leaping ability and athleticism are two things he takes pride in.
“My idol growing up was Deion Sanders so I always thought I was a defensive back but I didn’t have the body for it,” Starks said. “I just liked his swag and everybody wanted to be Deion growing up. I’ve got a good vertical leap and I can dunk a basketball.” Enjoy this article: http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Starks-Named-AFC-Defensive-Player-Of-The-Week/1636e08e-f226-4189-9385-63757f655735#content-tools-share 
Ryan Tannehill keeps MATURING right before our very eyes!! He was SOLID AGAIN: 17-26, 223 yards, 0TD’s, 0INT’s. He keeps SETTING RECORDS every week.
Look at these records so far:
1) He passed 1,269 yards this season, which is the second-most passing yards in NFL history
by a rookie in his team’s first five games. The only player he’s behind is Carolina’s Cam Newton, who passed for 1,610 last season.
2) He is the first rookie in NFL history to pass for 1,250-plus yards and record at least two wins in his team’s first five games.
3) He’s thrown 19 passes of 20 or more yards. Only five QBs have thrown more this season.
These records all come from this article, which you can read here at sun-sentinel.com: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-dolphins-qb-ryan-tannehill-setting-rookie-records-20121008,0,6646868.story 
Here is his interview after the game. He is so well-spoken and really is understands what it takes to a quarterback in this league. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-ryan-tannehill-talks-after-bengals-20121007,0,2826184.premiumvideo 
Now, he faces the Rams, who are 3-2. This is a VERY INTRIGUING MATCHUP for the coaches. Joe Philbin and Jeff Fisher. I am sure people reading this will be saying, “Why is he talking about the coaches for?
Simple: During the offseason, Jeff Fisher was the Dolphins’ 1st choice to be the head-coach and Joe Philbin was number 2. Fisher chose the Rams and Philbin has worked out to be a great choice for Miami.
Fisher got a big offer from Miami, but his really wanted to go to St. Louis. More Power and Control. That is fine. He had a very solid career in Tennessee before being let go, but I am glad he went to St. Louis. I know Owner Stephen Ross wanted a BIG-NAME coach and Fisher was out there, but Philbin has been GREAT. Fisher is doing a great job in St. Louis. By all accounts, just like Miami, they too should be 4-1. They are a surprising 3-2.
If you read this article: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-mikeb-phibin-dolphins-1011-20121010,0,4207872.column 
By all accounts, Joe Philbin has worked out just fine as the Dolphins’ consolation prize. In fact, in many ways Fisher appears to have done the Dolphins a favor by rejecting them, starting with the fact Ryan Tannehill  might not have been drafted here if Fisher were the coach.
Oh, perhaps Jeff Ireland still would have prevailed upon Fisher to take the Texas A&M quarterback at No. 8 overall, but there’s no doubt the hiring of Mike Sherman as Philbin’s offensive coordinator helped push the Dolphins in that direction.
Inside information and all.
More certainly, hiring Fisher would have put the Dolphins in the crosshairs of the NFL ‘s bounty scandal, thanks to his longtime friendship with Gregg “Dr. Heat” Williams. Williams was suspended indefinitely by the NFL.
Thank God for the way things worked out. We got the FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK we have been DESPERATELY seeking for years, a COACH who has been doing a great job and an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR in Mike Sherman, who coached Tannehill in college.
The Dolphins are favored in this matchup vs. Rams because of these stats and more: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1366394-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-why-the-dolphins-will-beat-the-rams#/articles/1366394-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-why-the-dolphins-will-beat-the-rams/pages/2/4/5/6 .
1) The Rams rank 22nd in the league in rushing yards per game, averaging 94.6 per game. They have run the ball the least in the first quarter in the NFL. Their passing game is ranked 30th (183.4) yards per game (page 2). The Dolphins’ front-seven will be LICKING THEIR CHOPS to stop RB Steven Jackson (the Rams’ best player), and getting in the backfield to sack QB Sam Bradford. The Rams will be without their STAR WIDE-OUT Danny Amendola, who suffered a clavicle injury against the Cardinals a week ago. It could have been life-threatening. Sam Bradford, the Rams’ FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK is a SITTING DUCK this week. The Dolphins have 11 sacks in the last 2 games.
Bradford, who is in his 3rd year, has a career passing of 74.8, thrown 30 TD’s, 26 INT’s, and has been sacked 85 times. Yikes!! Blitzing with be coming like the movie “Fast and Furious”. Good Luck Mr. Bradford staying upright. He has struggled when under pressure. According to Pro Football Focus, he has come under pressure in 66 drop backs. This is the stat line he has accrued in those
drop backs: 21-of-48, 271 yards, two touchdowns, one interception and 15 sacks. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1367709-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-10-keys-to-the-game-for-miami#/articles/1367709-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-10-keys-to-the-game-for-miami/page/6 
2) The Dolphins’ running game average 135.6 yards per game (which ranks eighth in the NFL) and 4.0 yards per carry. They face a Rams’ defense that currently is allowing 117.2 yards per game and 4.4 yards per carry (page 4). I am thinking Bush and Miller will be having some fun on Sunday. Holes will be opening up, and they will be flying through it.
3) The Rams have an ABOVE-AVERAGE Pass Defense, which currently ranks 12th in the league, allowing only 218.2 yards per game, but they haven’t faced a BALANCED team since Week 3 against the Bears. Miami’s offensive scheme personafies BALANCE: 170 rushing plays and 169 passing plays (page 5). The Rams have a STUD CORNERBACK in Cortland Finnegan, who has 3 of the teams’ 6 picks: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-dolphins-preview-171459530–nfl.html . I am thinking Tannehill and Hartline will be playing PITCH AND CATCH all day even against Finnegan. The Offensive Line have to protect him from DE Chris Long and Roberto Quinn, along with LB James Laurinaitis. Get Bush and Miller on out in space with some screen-passes.
4) The Rams don’t win on the road. 1-9 the last 2 seasons (page 6). They will be going to South Beach, where the girls and weather are GORGEOUS and they are not used to playing in hot, humid weather. They play in a DOME.
I believe the FEARSOME FOURSOME will return this week. Tannehill throws for 22-30, 270 yards, 3TD’s, 0INT’s. Bush despite some problems in knee, will go for 20 carries, 80 yards, TD, along with 7 catches, 50 yards. Miller, will get his chance too: 12 carries, 75 yards, TD; along with 4 catches, 36 yards. Hartline goes for 11 catches, 120 yards, 2TD’s. PITCH AND CATCH!!
I believe the Dolphins’ win in a rout: 35-10 and go to 3-3 before the bye week.
About the Author
Article printed from Pro Sports Blogging: http://www.prosportsblogging.com
URL to article: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/2012/10/12/can-the-fins-dodge-the-on-coming-rams/
URLs in this post:
 http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Starks-Named-AFC-Defensive-Player-Of-The-Week/1636e08e-f226-4189-9385-63757f655735#content-tools-share: http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Starks-Named-AFC-Defensive-Player-Of-The-Week/1636e08e-f226-4189-9385-63757f655735#content-tools-share
 http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-dolphins-qb-ryan-tannehill-setting-rookie-records-20121008,0,6646868.story: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-dolphins-qb-ryan-tannehill-setting-rookie-records-20121008,0,6646868.story
 http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-ryan-tannehill-talks-after-bengals-20121007,0,2826184.premiumvideo: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-ryan-tannehill-talks-after-bengals-20121007,0,2826184.premiumvideo
 http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-mikeb-phibin-dolphins-1011-20121010,0,4207872.column: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-mikeb-phibin-dolphins-1011-20121010,0,4207872.column
 Ryan Tannehill: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/topic/sports/football/ryan-tannehill-PESPT0014998.topic
 NFL: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/topic/sports/football/national-football-league-ORSPT000007.topic
 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1366394-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-why-the-dolphins-will-beat-the-rams#/articles/1366394-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-why-the-dolphins-will-beat-the-rams/pages/2/4/5/6: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1366394-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-why-the-dolphins-will-beat-the-rams#/articles/1366394-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-5-reasons-why-the-dolphins-will-beat-the-rams/page/2
 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1367709-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-10-keys-to-the-game-for-miami#/articles/1367709-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-10-keys-to-the-game-for-miami/page/6: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1367709-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-10-keys-to-the-game-for-miami#/articles/1367709-st-louis-rams-vs-miami-dolphins-10-keys-to-the-game-for-miami/page/6
 http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-dolphins-preview-171459530–nfl.html: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-dolphins-preview-171459530--nfl.html
 Subscribe to author's RSS feed: http://www.prosportsblogging.com/author/dspiazzafan2131/feed/
Copyright © ProSportsBlogging.com. All rights reserved.